HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a French/Bilingual Electrical QC Inspector on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant(s) would have a minimum of 3-5 years Marine working experience and must be Bilingual (French and English).
This position(s) is permanent and located in Lévis, QC. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• The position will be supported by a team of Quality Control Inspectors of various disciplines and reports directly to the Quality Control Manager and functionally to the Quality Control Lead Inspector for the Frigate Program.
• The incumbent will be required to obtain the necessary security clearances for this position.
• This position is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of the necessary inspections that are required to be performed during the Halifax Class Frigates Docking Work Period (DWP) that occur within the Clients facilities.
Health, Safety & Environment
• Ensure you and your co-workers understand the importance of workplace culture in regard to HSE and providing the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities.
• Continually promote HSE awareness during your interactions by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training, etc. to ensure the safe performance of the QC inspectors and all other employees involved in your daily operations.
• Ensure that all inspections/testing activities are conducted in a safe manner while adhering to all HSE policies, procedures and regulations.
• Attend/conduct toolbox meetings maintain a log of any action items resulting from the meeting and address those action items in a timely manner.
• Be able to recognize safe work practices, know to only work under safe work practices and advise your colleagues when an unsafe work practice is happening.
• Resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team and your immediate supervisor of the issue immediately.
• Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy by notify the HSE team and your immediate supervisor of the issue immediately.
• Ensure you are always wearing and utilizing the appropriate personal protective equipment in accordance with HSE rules and regulations.
Quality Systems- Inspections, testing etc.
• Review and analyzes new construction and ship repair specifications in order to prepare the necessary inspection plans, including a checklist of inspection points to be covered during critical phases of work.
• When called upon inspects materials received in the warehouse and used in production in order to ensure that they meet applicable project specifications and conform to the agreed contract.
• Understand project specific requirements and monitor and control the quality of construction and or repairs in order to ensure that work is carried out as per the specification requirements, regulations, standards and internal procedures.
• Carry out inspections during new construction and ship repairs in order to ensure compliance of production installations with drawings, specifications, quality processes and other applicable standards.
• Witness tests on mechanical and electrical components, systems and equipment in order to ensure appropriate standards are met.
• Ensure client and regulatory representatives are present for the necessary inspections that require their presence.
• Identify any non-conformities and assist in the handling of these non-conformities in order to support in their resolution following an inspection.
• Carry out the final inspections with the customer in order to ensure compliance of the final product with standards, requirements and contractual agreements.
• Attend production and internal meetings as required.
• Ensure the security of quality control department facilities and equipment and institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have 3-5 years of relevant Marine working experience.
• Qualified technician or Journeyman is an asset.
• Previous experience in a shipyard or heavy machinery industry considered an asset.
• Possesses conversant knowledge of machines, ship systems and tools relating to the marine industry, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Possesses the ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
• Must have advanced knowledge of Quality Control procedures, record keeping and systems
• Knowledge of engineering design drawings, specifications and technical manuals
• Knowledge of Classification Society regulations
• Knowledge of NDT procedures and techniques.
• Bilingual (French and English) is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Proven ability to work effectively with customers and/or others: teamwork skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.