HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for Heavy-Duty Technicians for multiple opportunities with one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience in field maintenance.
This position is in a remote location in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with a fly-in, fly-out rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform safety interactions and complete field level risk assessments before task commencement. Perform and participate in Job Hazard Analysis when required to ensure all risks are identified and controlled.
• Attend and participate in daily safety toolbox talks, periodic safety meetings, routine and statutory safety inspections and planned task observations as required.
• Participate in the development of safe work procedures/ instructions and promote safety, health and environmental awareness and compliance always.
• Comply with all the appropriate client and Equipment manufacturer’s procedures/instructions/manuals diligently while performing all tasks without incident and in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Report hours worked and complete detailed service reports accurately and on time.
• Use SAP software system effectively to properly document work performed, order parts, check inventory and monitor equipment history.
• Monitor all Mobile Maintenance equipment and infrastructure condition to ensure safe use. Advise and act on areas requiring improvement, repair, or correction while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
• Perform unplanned and planned maintenance tasks as assigned. Document task completion appropriately, leaving a detailed handover for tasks not completed at shift end
• Perform pre-PM/intervention inspections of equipment being repaired and perform prerelease inspections on equipment with completed interventions to ensure safe and reliable operating condition. Ensure all safety and fire prevention systems on all equipment are always operating correctly and are operating as designed.
• Communicate with and assist in preparing scopes with the maintenance planners and supervisors advising on task progression, parts requirements, task duration, schedule loading, and provide accurate equipment task information and performance to plan details. Ensure plan deviations or deficiencies are communicated to the supervisor.
• Advise and implement corrective measures to achieve desired plan results in conjunction with the supervisor.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for the continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems.
• Communicate effectively internally within the department as well as with all other departments, sections and contractors as required.
• This position works shift work to cover continuous operations. Shifts can be Days/Afternoons or Nights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• (Red Seal) Heavy Equipment Technician – Off-Road/Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certificate of Qualification;
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in field maintenance working on heavy equipment;
• Previous experience working in an open pit mining environment;
• Welding and fabrication experience required with an emphasis on equipment, structural and ground engaging tool maintenance best practices in the shop and field;
• Extensive experience troubleshooting, repairing, changing components, and performing maintenance activities on the following equipment:
o Atlas Copco V271 & D65 drills;
o Cat 6030 face shovel;
o Cat MD6290 drills;
o Cat 793F and 777G trucks;
o Cat 14M/16H/16M Motor graders;
o Cat D6/D9T/D10T Track Type tractors;
o Cat 390D/320D/345D Excavators;
o Cat 994K/992K/988H/950/930 Wheel loaders;
o Cat 740B Articulated trucks;
o Sandvik DX800 drills;
o Lube trucks, Skid steers, Tele handler, Forklifts, Cranes and other ancillary equipment;
o Terex/Grove Cranes of various models;
• Prior NDT experience will be highly regarded;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Proven track record in safe work practices and quality workmanship;
• Motivated, hard working with a professional attitude and the ability to work alone and unsupervised in remote areas in the shop or field in remote arctic environments;
• Focused, energetic, and organized with superior attention to detail and acts with a sense of urgency when required;
• Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostics, failure mode analysis and defect identifications skills;
• Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to interpret technical, procedures, design drawings, manuals and specifications;
• Language: Speak English, Read English, Write English (Inukitut would be an asset);
• Certification of qualification to operate forklifts, skid steers, large cranes and/or boom trucks will be highly regarded;
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions;
• Experience with mentoring Apprentices;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.