HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Heavy Equipment Technician/Heavy Duty Mechanic on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a similar position.
This position is in Labrador City, NL. This is a permanent position.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package.
• Annual vacation pay;
• Benefits (80% family coverage);
• Group RRSP
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain and troubleshoot Diesel Engines.
• Maintain mobile construction equipment such as skid steers, loaders and excavators.
• Maintain heavy trucks such as fuel trucks and vacuum trucks.
• Automotive repairs and maintenance.
• Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators and software to diagnose engine problems.
• Execute preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
• Operate Service Truck.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic/Automotive Mechanic with a valid Interprovincial Red Seal.
• 3 + years of professional experience in a similar position.
• Experience with Diesel Engines required.
• Experience with Light Mobile Equipment preferred.
• Previous service truck experience preferred.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or in collaboration with others.
• Ability to use drawings, manuals and software if required for repairs or troubleshooting.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Able to work on site on a Fly-in/Fly-out schedule.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Previous experience working in an industrial environment;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.