Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a HSE Systems Management Analyst on behalf of one of our clients, Marathon Gold. The ideal candidate would have 5 years’ experience as a systems analyst or health and safety professional.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the HSE Systems Management Analyst will be responsible to provide support to the Construction Management Team in order to ensure effective internal and external communications, contractor management tracking, quality of work, and attainment of deadlines. This position also provides general day-to-day administrative support at the mine site.
This position is in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, working Monday to Friday.
About Marathon Gold:
Marathon Gold Corporation (“Marathon” or the “Company”) is engaged in the exploration and development of the Valentine Gold Project (the “Project”) located in the central region of Newfoundland and Labrador. The Project is currently undergoing an environmental assessment and a construction decision is expected in 2022. Once in production, it will be the largest gold mine in Atlantic Canada and a major employer in the province. Marathon is a public corporation (TSX:MOZ) headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with a regional office located in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL.
Additional corporate and Project information is available at www.marathon-gold.com.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Construction Management team, Site owners and contractors to coordinate the Onboarding Programs for contractors.
- Maintain the organization’s Contractor Management System (Cognibox), including contractor set up as it pertains to contractors.
- Support contractors and contract management owners in the use of Congnibox;
- Responsible for issuing notifications to contractors and contract owners.
- Responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and reliable operation of Congnibox for contractor management.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications as upgrades to the Cognibox platform is communicated.
- Develop and support data collection initiatives for construction and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Conduct data analysis based on key performance indicators and other criteria established to measure success of HSE management system and elements.
- Responsible for timely and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for various HSE performance reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain HSE databases to support the sustainability of the HSE management system within the organization.
- Support the HSE management system development and implementation through auditing, construction and departmental performance measurement tracking and generation of data analysis summaries to enhance continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support the implementation of multiple HSE initiatives by providing support through communication of information and update of resource materials and tools.
- Interface with contractors to ensure appropriate collection of HSE information, reports, and data.
- Provide support for technical writing and document management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Education within Health and Safety or related program.
- 5 years’ experience as a systems analyst or health and safety professional.
- Experience working with and developing HSE management systems.
- Experience in a remote work site is considered an asset.
- Experience in an industrial setting is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while supporting team members.
- Focused attitude.
- Highly skilled in computer applications such as Microsoft office suite (Outlook,
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
- A valid driver’s license and drivers abstract required
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number (#MG0079).
Closing Date: Monday, December 5, 2022
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.