HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Industrial Hygienist on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in the field of Occupational Hygiene. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience working within the heavy/mining industry as an Occupational Hygienist.
This position is located in Wabush, NL. This is a Short-Term Contract with an immediate start date.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health, safety and Hygiene standards, as well as, laws and regulations;
- Coordinate and conduct occupational hygiene surveys and site assessments;
- Coordinate and conduct occupational hygiene monitoring, including monitoring of chemical, biological, and physical hazards;
- Coordinate and conduct indoor air quality monitoring, including assessments for hazardous materials (such as: asbestos, mold);
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with Occupational Health, Safety and Hygiene Standards, as well as, company standards;
- Manage the servicing and calibration of field equipment; and
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Occupational Hygiene, science, engineering or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- 5-10 years previous experience working within an Occupational Hygiene position;
- Previous experience in heavy industry or mining industry; and
- Knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Hygiene standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Language: English is required/French is considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.