HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Industrial Millwright on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would be a qualified Millwright with a valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Ticket, have previous conveyor vulcanization experience and maintenance experience with fabrication.
This position is located in Labrador, NL. This is a permanent position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the processing plant equipment. Responsibilities include:
• Overall repairs, replacement and adjustments of all mine and process plant equipment including, but not limited to, pumps, compressors, conveyors, mills, crushers, screens, utilities, dewatering, and drying equipment;
• Inspections of equipment for defects relating to misalignment, wear, lubrication, and vibration; and
• The candidate will be expected to manage and handle the following working conditions: A fast-paced environment, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, and kneeling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Qualified Millwright with a valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman ticket;
• Conveyor Vulcanization experience required;
• Previous maintenance experience (fabrication);
• Previous experience with rotating equipment;
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment in an industrial environment;
• Able to use drawings or manuals, if required for repairs or troubleshooting;
• Confined space and fall arrest training essential;
• Able to work on site on a Fly-in/Fly-out schedule;
• Machining or welding experience, a definite asset;
• Related industry experience (beneficiation plant), a definite asset;
• Ability to wear a full face/half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary); and
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.