HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Industrial Millwright on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in working with mine and processing plant equipment.
This position is in Labrador. This is a permanent position on a 2-week, fly-in/fly-out rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work in a safe and efficient manner and adhere to all TSMC safety guidelines whilst performing all the duties listed below.
• Overall repairs and adjustments of all mine and process plant equipment including – but not limited to – pumps, compressors, conveyors, mills, crushers, screens, utilities, and dewatering and drying equipment.
• Inspections of equipment for defects relating to misalignment, wear, lubrication and vibration.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, you will be expected to manage and handle the following working conditions; A fast-paced environment, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Qualified Millwright with a valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeymen ticket is mandatory;
• Able to use drawings or manuals, if required for repairs or troubleshooting;
• Machining or welding experience, a definite asset;
• Conveyor belt vulcanization experience, a definite asset;
• Related industry experience (beneficiation plant) a definite asset;
• Experience with Predictive Maintenance Tools such as vibration, ultrasonic, infrared and oil analysis in addition to laser shaft alignment will be considered an asset;
• Previous experience working in a mining environment;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Valid Fall Protection, Confined Space, and Aerial Work Platform certifications in Newfoundland and Labrador will be considered an asset;
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Ability to effectively communicate with different teams;
• Able to work on site on a Fly-in/Fly-out schedule on rotational day and night shifts;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.