HR Project Partners is currently recruiting a Senior Accountant – Public Practice on behalf of our Client. The ideal applicant would have proven experience in taking responsibility for full-cycle accounting processes, policies, and systems.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. This is a full-time, permanent position and relocation is required for non-local candidates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assist with providing accounting services to small or large corporations in various areas of finance;
• Prepare files and financial statements (NTR, Review and Audit engagements);
• Utilize financial records to properly fill out clients’ corporate tax returns (T2);
• Prepare T1s and when necessary, prepare T3, T4, T5 and GST/HST returns;
• Maintenance and review of Client financial records;
• Complete audits of accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending;
• Maintain familiarity with tax laws concerning clients’ professions or businesses;
• Communicate with clients, and discusses clients’ financial records with government auditors or Revenue Service officials, while also handling Canada Revenue Agency issues as they occur; and
• Support the answering of phones, mail distribution and other administrative duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration;
• Minimum 3-7 years of relevant work experience in public accounting;
• CPA designation;
• Experience preparing T1s, T2s, and year-end working paper files (NTR, Review and Audit engagements);
• Previous experience working in a fast pace environment;
• Experience working with Sage, Quickbooks, Caseware, Jazzit, and Profile; and
• Proficient with software packages such as MS Office (Excel and Word).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Fast learner with strong research skills;
• Outstanding customer service skills with a commitment to standards of excellence;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Collaborative work style and strong work ethic;
• Detail oriented and accurate data input skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills; and
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.