HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Intermediate/Senior Mechanical/Piping Designer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in the mechanical engineering discipline. The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and solid experience in mechanical engineering design and detailing.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. Candidate will preferably be located in the St. John’s area, but will also consider candidates in the Atlantic Region. Work from home or hybrid work situation is supported. Travel to and from job sites (Labrador City, NL) will be required on a regular basis. The duration of this position is 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Work within a multidisciplinary design team as a Mechanical Designer, reporting to the Project Manager;
• Detailed engineering design and drafting for both greenfield and brownfield projects;
• Prepare conceptual layout work;
• Develop design details for mechanical equipment, fasteners, piping, ducting, etc.;
• Complete quantity take-offs, bills of materials, etc.;
• Utilize design software including AutoCAD, Plant3D, Inventor, etc to produce 2D detailed engineering drawings and 3D models;
• Participation in formal engineering review processes;
• Industrial (with focus on mining and hydroelectric facilities), commercial, institutional, and government projects;
• Experience in use of 3D scan point cloud data in design would be an asset; and
• Possible field/site assistance for design and data collection.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering technology diploma or equivalent – mechanical/industrial;
• 5 or more years of relevant experience;
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Plant3D, Inventor, etc. (2D drafting and 3D modeling);
• Capacity to interact within a multidisciplinary environment; and
• Strong technical and design skills and commitment to producing quality deliverables.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineer, Engineering Technologists|