HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for an Administrative Assistant on behalf of our client, Make A Change Canada. This role requires a dynamic person who can multitask in a remote, client-driven and fast-paced environment. A willingness to be flexible and work independently is required. The role will include providing support in such areas as program recruitment, document control, data entry, accounting and other administrative support.
The ideal candidate would enjoy providing support in a national charity that provides online employment and skills training to Canadians who face challenges to employment. Other necessary qualities include effective communications, advanced organization skills, and well-rounded experience in administrative services.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a remote-based, term contract to March 31, 2022, with a possibility of extension.
Make A Change Canada is a Nelson, BC-based national and accredited registered Canadian charity and Certified Educational Institution under ESDC that provides online career assistance training as well as a certified web development and design skills training program. Now in its 16th year of operation, Make A Change Canada serves individuals facing barriers to employment across Canada in its online and uniquely supportive programs.
General Office Support:
• Assist and support CEO with a variety of tasks including note taking, drafting and editing agendas, updating lists, coordinating meeting and travel arrangements, following up with vendors, placing equipment purchases, setting up new employees in various office systems.
• Coordinates and schedules conference calls and online or onsite meetings.
• Updates the Make A Change Canada website when needed.
• Organizes and schedules all external events, including, conferences, training, etc.
• Responds to all inquiries by phone or email or redirects as required.
• Participates in employee team meetings and training sessions.
• Provides assistance to CEO and Program staff in all matters relating to the administrative functions of the organization.
• Contribute to the development of the position and undertake other general administrative tasks as they may be assigned from time to time in support of the team.
• Assist CEO and Program Manager with any general and program inquiries from individuals and community partners as well as from the Make A Change Canada team and Management.
• Assist Program Manager and Education and Training Coordinator with client data entry and database management including updating, developing, and maintaining mailing lists and intake tracking lists.
• Sends and tracks documentation/applications to program participants, as needed;
• Exports client and applicant data for client recruitment, surveys, instructor grading, and HTML emails/newsletters.
• Assist Program Manager and Education and Training Coordinator with participant intake, reports and updates.
• Assist with applicant follow up such as obtaining and processing applications and required forms, entering applicant information into secure online portal, and finalizing approvals for applicants to programs such as the Applied Web Development and Design (AWDD) program as well as the Tech Diversity Online (TDO) program.
• Assist Program Manager and Education and Training Coordinator with participant team tracking and coordination, follow up/support, and general communications.
• Update curriculum and participant materials and forms as requested.
• Assist with the creation of surveys and course and webinar evaluations.
• Assist with the webinar schedules including; presenter bookings, webinar descriptions and maintaining the web calendar.
• Assist with webinar administration including; GoToTraining bookings, ASL bookings, registrations, and session recordings.
• Perform general mailouts to program participants.
• Assist with technical support for software/admin accounts for website access issues, Adobe, Citrix, Wordtracker, etc.
• Provide other program support, as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Diploma in Office Administration or other similar program;
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office administration role;
• Experience with using Adobe Suite, MS Office Suite, Online Databases, Web Meeting and Collaborative Tools;
• Typing speed of 80 words per minute required;
• Prior experience working with vulnerable populations including people with disabilities, preferred;
• Bilingual in French and English, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate compassion, empathy and a non-judgmental approach;
• Professional, respectful and polite approach in all student and business interactions;
• Skilled in database entry and management;
• Basic coding skills/ability to perform basic website updates, an asset;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills;
• Superior time management and organizational skills;
• Ability to stay focused on goals and objectives;
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS INCLUDED:
• Two weeks’ Vacation annually;
• Employer paid Health, Dental and Vision Coverage;
• Employer RRSP Contributions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.