HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Junior/Intermediate Structural Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in mechanical and structural inspection, engineering design and technical field support.
This position is located in Labrador City. The duration of this position is one year with possibility of an extension.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent – Pellet Plant, the Structural Engineer will be responsible for:
- Performing periodic Structural inspections and evaluations as part of corrective and preventative maintenance strategies;
- Prepare engineering calculations, detailed designs and sketches for structural steel remedial scope;
- Review, approve and seal technical deliverables; calculations and drawings, prior to adoption for construction;
- Providing clear work objectives and expectations of the quality requirements for all aspects of work performed by Contractors; and
- Maintain an up to date knowledge on applicable engineering codes, corporate codes, policy and procedures, environmental regulations and Safety.
Education and Experience Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized University;
- A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering will be considered a strong asset;
- Valid registration as a Professional Engineer (PEng) with PEGNL;
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience preferably in structural design;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on structural design in the Oil and Gas, Mining or industrial environment;
- Sound knowledge and experience with QA/QC requirements for structural works including welding and coating;
- Experience with performing structural Inspections and assessments for existing steel and reinforced concrete structures (involves climbing stairs, ladders, confined spaces and wearing breathing apparatus);
- Experience working with National Building Code; NBC 2015, CSA S16, CSA A23.3, CSA W59, AWS 1;
- Proficiency in relevant structural design and analysis programs i.e. S-Frame, SAFI, etc. is an asset;
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail;
- Strong safety focus and willingness to enforce safety protocols and procedures;
- Strong work management, leadership experience and great communication skills;
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications; and
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.