HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Maintenance Planner on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning activities in a heavy industrial or mining environment. The ideal applicant would have significant experience in the fields of maintenance management, asset management or reliability.
This position is located in Labrador with Fly In/Fly Out.
Essential Job Functions:
Through the application of a strong predictive/preventive maintenance methodology, the Maintenance Planner will build the systems for, and carry out, Campsite and related auxiliary buildings and services. The Maintenance Planner will also be responsible to track and review equipment reliability data, annual maintenance plans and PM strategies to improve the planning process. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Using vendor data, build and maintain a database of Bills of Material for all equipment;
- Develop predictive/preventive maintenance programs based on criticality lists, vendor recommendations, plant data, and personal experience;
- Build and maintain the maintenance system by creating and modifying master data and maintenance plans for the generation of scheduled maintenance activities using the asset management work management process;
- Assist in the identification of maintenance work by reviewing notifications and work requests for work order creation. Identify if a recurring task requires a task list maintenance plan;
- Demonstrate flexibility and innovation through tailoring of maintenance plans to accommodate short and long-term modifications to the business plan;
- Create work orders from notifications using task lists, add required planning information to work orders, assign priorities based on criticality, add required safety information (MSDS, etc.) and release the orders for scheduling by the scheduler;
- Identify long lead time components for work order operations; raise requisitions for all materials and external services required to execute the work order;
- Work closely with procurement and warehouse personnel to ensure timely and adequate stocking of spare parts;
- Raise tasks on notifications for master data requirements identified during planning;
- Evaluate finished work orders for completeness, accuracy, effectiveness and compliance to plan.
- Liaise with site personnel to develop the maintenance shutdown strategy for the execution of major equipment overhauls;
- Actively participate in business improvement initiatives;
- Execute continuous improvement projects that improve delivery of the team’s key outputs;
- Improve the implementation of the work management process and help the business to achieve delivery of its business improvement plans; and
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A post-secondary (college or university) education or trade certification in mechanical or electrical field;
- An advanced diploma or certificate, specialist training or significant experience in the fields of maintenance management, asset management or reliability;
- A minimum or 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning activities in a heavy industrial or mining environment;
- Exposure to working with millwrights, welders, pipefitters and electricians;
- Experience with contract management and prior dealings with OEM’s;
- Experience as a leader in the field of maintenance execution;
- A solid working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Language: English is required \ French is considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.