Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Maintenance Planner on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have an undergraduate degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or a Technology degree and 5+ years’ experience in Maintenance Supervision, Maintenance Planning, or a closely related discipline in a heavy industrial or mining environment.
The Maintenance Planner is directly responsible for the maintenance asset strategy planning & scheduling and coordination of all Preventive Maintenance and repair activities. These duties must be performed to ensure safe and productive equipment availability. Verify work instructions and ensure work practices contain all information to complete tasks safely and efficiently. Duties also include implementation and management of maintenance plans and task list within the ERP and MMS system. Develop, revise, and assist implementation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the Maintenance Department. Provide support and analysis of maintenance strategy to support lowest cost per operating hour or per ton at the desired availability, which supports the overall goal of lowest total cost of ownership and overall equipment effectiveness.
This position is located at the Project site in Grand Falls-Windsor on a rotational basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate leadership in Health, Safety and Environment through personal behaviors and conversations, and report all Health, Safety and Environment incidents and participate in Health, Safety and Environment initiatives, reviews, and investigations.
- Establish and promote a respectful and healthy work environment at all times.
- Establish and refine maintenance strategies for Equipment, in consultation with Operations and Maintenance the strategy will deliver the desired equipment performance required – e.g., equipment availability targets.
- Develop, optimize, and utilize standard job plans (resources, parts, tooling, task lists) for routine maintenance activities, based on site experience and input, for the Equipment.
- Ensure that all routine maintenance activities are uploaded and maintained in the ERP, MMS system and the budgeting tool.
- Maintain work orders and requisitions (materials and services) in ERP, MMS system. Confirm and secure needed Space, parts, tooling, equipment, and external labor prior to scheduling work orders.
- Liaise with Suppliers to expedite external parts, tooling, equipment, and contractor labor suppliers, where necessary.
- Schedule OTR related activities for tire maintenance and repair into the PM schedule.
- Maintain a 2-week maintenance schedule of with one week locked in and the second week projected of all routine maintenance activities (work orders) in consultation with operations and Maintenance, including short-term changes to the maintenance schedules based upon operations, Maintenance and Supply requirements.
- Provide quality work packs to the Maintenance Supervisors for all routine maintenance activities to ensure quality and efficient work execution. Seek detailed work completion information from the Maintenance Supervisors and resolve any issues as necessary.
- Report on standard maintenance KPIs that are directly related to the production and Aux Equipment (i.e., Adherence to maintenance schedule, availability, repair duration, mean time between downs, est.)
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Technology degree is preferred or post-Secondary completion in a related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Supervision, Maintenance Planning, or a closely related discipline in a heavy industrial or mining environment.
- Experience working in a remote industrial environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental requirements in the Province of Newfoundland at remote sites.
- Relevant qualifications in appropriate area of expertise.
- Knowledge of the OHS, mining, and construction regulations.
- Effective time management skills and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Good computer skills with competence using Microsoft Office products specifically excel, project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence and inspire others and manage cross-functional relationships.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Operations and Maintenance systems, processes, and facilities.
- Experience with ERP, MMS systems.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Experience in warehousing, equipment parts, the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience in dealing with outside vendors and contracts services and OEM manufacturers.
- A valid driver license and a driver’s abstract.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number (# MG0085).
Deadline to apply: February 7, 2023
About Marathon Gold:
Marathon Gold Corporation (“Marathon” or the “Company”) is engaged in the exploration and
development of the Valentine Gold Project (the “Project”) located in the central region of Newfoundland. Early works started in October 2022 and construction commencing in January 2023 with the first gold production at the end of 2024. Once in production, it will be the largest gold mine in Atlantic Canada and a major employer in the province. Marathon is a public corporation (TSX:MOZ) headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with a regional office located in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL.
Additional corporate and Project information is available at www.marathon-gold.com
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.