Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Manager – Fisheries Development on behalf of one of our clients, The Nunacor Development Corporation. The ideal candidate would have five to ten years experience fishing industry, specifically in a business development, contract/agreement negotiations, and administration capacity.
The Nunacor Development Corporation’s mission is to cultivate sustainable growth and development opportunities through sound business decisions, strategic partnerships and innovative thinking. Their vision is to contribute to a prosperous and self-reliant NunatuKavut. To support this vision, they are now seeking a Manager of Fisheries Development who will oversee all aspects of our commercial Fishing Enterprise, NDC Fisheries Limited. The growth of NDC Fisheries will require leading of all operations, including the harvesting proposal process, evaluation of harvesting proposals, development of new opportunities, agreement administration, monitoring of catch rates during harvesting season, and regular communication with harvesters and stakeholders.
The location of this position is flexible, with requirements for time to be spent at Nunacor Development Corporation Head office in Happy Valley Goose Bay, as well as throughout Nunatukavut Communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the execution of the NDC Fisheries Business Plan and Growth Strategy as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Foster positive relationships with key industry stakeholders, including fishers, NunatuKavut Community Council, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, and others;
- Represents NDC Fisheries at industry stakeholder sessions;
- Works with the Fisheries Development Officer to ensure company meets all key performance indicators, including those related to in-season harvesting and off-season priority initiatives;
- Leads the NunatuKavut Fisheries Working Group in conjunction with NunatuKavut Community Council;
- Researches, analyzes, identifies, and executes new business opportunities related to the fishery;
- Negotiates agreements and business contracts with harvesters and industry stakeholders;
- Assists with preparing annual budgets and setting annual targets;
- Prepares detailed progress reports for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common business plans, financial reports, and technical reports, and analyze financial statements;
- Proofread and format proposals, progress reports and letters that conform to prescribed style and format;
- Present information to the executive team, stakeholders, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors; and
- Other business management duties and operational support as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Five to ten years experience and/or training in the fishing industry;
- Post secondary education in business administration, marketing, finance or similar field of study is an asset, but not required;
- Previous experience working in an office setting, business development, and contract or agreement negotiations and administration;
- The candidate should be adaptable, work well under pressure, and have the ability to take initiative with creativity. They should have a professional work ethic, provide excellent customer service/client relations, and exhibit a positive attitude; and
- Valid drivers’ license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted date :
August 26, 2022
Job nature :