HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Manager – Processing Plant Operation>s on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would be bilingual in both French and English, hold a Bachelors Degree of College Diploma in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy, and have 10-15 years’ experience in a senior management role with experience in working and managing staff in a FIFO rotation/shift mode.
This position is located in Labrador, NL. This is a permanent position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide leadership to and supervise processing staff to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards and any applicable legislation. This project is in a start-up phase; so ideally you have the experience and the ability to map-out needs and build from ground up;
• Provide project management support and services across the surface infrastructure and elsewhere on site;
• Conduct regular and thorough inspections of all plant areas to ensure compliance with safety and environment standards and regulations;
• Oversee preparation and control of the processing department budget to ensure meeting the cost targets;
• Optimize the metallurgical and environmental performance of the process plant through monitoring, test work, procedural changes, process control and innovation;
• Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs;
• Monitor process performances and final product quality and undertake corrective actions, whenever necessary, to adhere to the product specifications;
• Create a high performing culture and lead the processing team to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
• Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance;
• Develop, maintain and improve processing systems to ensure that all production and OHS performances are as per the budget;
• Monitor, through appropriately developed reporting systems, plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies;
• Based on the customer specifications, ensure that the mining department is aware of processing requirements and that properly blended ore is delivered to feed the plant;
• Liaise with the quality control lab to ensure proper process control in a timely manner; and
• Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure prompt shipping of the end product and blending at the Port, as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Mineral Processing, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy;
• 10-15 years’ experience in a senior management role;
• Substantial experience with exposure to large scale processing plants in a senior supervisory position;
• Experience in an iron ore concentrator will be an advantage;
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset; and
• Experience in working and managing staff in a FIFO rotation/shift mode, preferably in a remote location and have been exposed to dealing with aboriginal communities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Demonstrated experience to providing exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring teams
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Highly developed planning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.