HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Marine Engineer – 1st Class on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a Marine Engineering Ticket (1st class). The ideal applicant would have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, and experience in ship repair/ship conversion.
This position is in Quebec City, QC.
Essential Job Functions:
Overview: In this role the incumbent acts as a liaison between Engineering and Production for all primary systems related to production.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure that you and anyone in your responsibility (employees, clients, vendors, etc.) understand the importance of the Client’s workplace culture in regard to HSE and provide the team with the necessary leadership to foster that culture within their everyday activities;
- Continually promote HSE awareness within your team and the corporation as a whole by leading by example and providing instruction, information, training and supervision to ensure the safe performance of the Technicians, Technologists and other Engineers and all other employees involved in your daily operations;
- Resolve any HSE issues brought to your attention in a timely manner and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Respond appropriately to any violations of the HSE policy and notify the HSE team of the issue immediately;
- Ensure that the Client’s environmental policies are respected in all construction and reparation projects;
- Ensure the security of facilities of Engineering department and equipment and to institute policies that will prevent or minimize loss, theft, vandalism or other damage.
- Provide the subcontractors with drawings in order to ensure that work is being completed on budget and schedule including facilitating discussions and meetings;
- Project Management: preparing material requirements; preparing reports and drawing specifications as related to production;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and standards such as but not limited to rules and regulations of the Classification Society, IMO, and Transport Canada;
- Communicate with the production line team during the assembly handling and transportation phase, in order to identify adjustments or modifications to be made according to transportation, lifting and flipping over plans;
- Utilize drawing software; perform intact structure and damage situation calculation, and other calculations as they relate to production;
- Develop, ensure compliance, and maintain procedures for planning, organizing and completing all engineering operations within the Company;
- Ensure that all relevant Engineering procedures and work instructions are available, understood, implemented and updated as per standard operating procedures;
- Develop and cultivate a communication strategy between the Engineering and the Production team;
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations though the Engineering and the Production department;
- Support Production through assisting in all transportation, handling, flipping over and erection of various assemblies and blocks;
- Act as a resource person for all foremen and managers with respect to the activities related to your discipline;
- Approve and sign all the planned assembly moves;
- Provide drawings for different requests coming from the service to Production: transportation support, block positioning, tools, scaffolding, paint supports, lifelines, etc.;
- Design and implement the construction strategy and present it to Planning and Production;
- Completion of Surveys & Inspections of Equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Marine engineer ticket (1st class);
- Experience in ship repair/ship conversion;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Experience of working in an industrial environment/shipyard is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Classification Society and Transport Canada is considered an asset;
- Be organized, meet the deadlines and able to work under pressure;
- Strong ability to work within a team and work closely with clients, vendors and regulatory bodies;
- Strong Working Knowledge of MS Office;
- Ability to review a situation and provide quick and practical solutions;
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Multi-Tasking: the ability to processes information quickly and manages several tasks simultaneously;
- Teamwork and Co-operation – is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals;
- Flexibility – is the ability and willingness to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups;
- Information Seeking – it implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use;
- Integrity – refers to actions that are consistent with what one says are important. People with integrity “walk the talk” by communicating intentions, ideas and feelings openly and directly, and welcoming openness and honesty even in difficult situations;
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds;
- Relationship Building – is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages;
- Results Orientation – is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement);
- Self-Confidence – is a belief in one’s own capability to accomplish a task and select an effective approach to a task or problem;
- Organizational Commitment – is the ability and willingness to align one’s own behaviours with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity;
- Computer / Technical Skills – is the ability to utilize and understand the strengths and limitations of the required software packages and tools to successfully complete your assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Language: English is considered a requirement; Bilingualism is an asset (Please send resumes in English).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.