Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Materials and Corrosion Engineer on behalf of one of our clients, Aker Solutions. The ideal candidate would have experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
This position is in St. John’s, NL. This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position, with a duration of one year (possibility of extension).
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing technical expertise in the determination of material selection, coating selection, corrosion protection and all other material related project deliverables including Material Selection Reports, Cathodic Protection Reports, Chemical Compatibility Philosophy, etc. based on project specification, engineering inputs, and aligned with all applicable specifications, standards, and codes.
- Participating in the development of design and fabrication specifications for a wide range of components, including pipelines, pressure vessels, flanges, connectors, piping, valves and other production equipment.
- Liaising with other disciplines through work development; investigating, advising, and resolving complex design and field engineering problems.
- Developing corrosion control strategies, insulation specification and selection, corrosion management strategies, corrosion risk assessments, and risk-based inspection program aligned with project specifications.
- Developing, checking, and issuing of design documents for cathodic protection systems and static pressure systems components.
- Analyzing problems, organizing investigations, and determining specific design criteria.
- Assuring compliance with project schedule and control estimates.
- Supporting and stewarding procurement activities for project material requirements, including the definition of bulk and early MTO for principal and critical materials, participation in technical bid evaluations, document reviews, and general technical support as required.
- Reviewing and responding to all related fabrication issues received in forms of NCR’s, ECO’s, TQ’s, SDR’s.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Materials, or Corrosion Engineering and registration with PEGNL as a P.Eng (preferred) or an EIT.
- Experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with industry standards and codes such as API/Norsok/DNV/ASTM/ISO/EN.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.