Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Project Coordinator on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience of project coordination in construction or mechanical.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. Fly-in/fly-out rotation of 3 weeks in/1 week out will be offered for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work on the execution of mining projects;
- Provide coordination and support to the Project Manager;
- Co-ordination of activities between client and contractor completing the work;
- Review and coordinate responses to contractor RFI’s (request for information);
- Collaborate with the project planning personnel in update of the schedule;
- To understand and work within Scope of Work, Risk Assessment(s), and other supporting documents that accurately and comprehensively defines the work to be performed and the associated hazards;
- Ensure contractors performing the work are aware of all aspects related to the work;
- Continually monitor all contractors during the job on their ability to meet the demands of the contract and to meet HSE expectations;
- Review and understand contracting companies Safety Programs, applicable standards and safe work procedures (SWP’s) to ensure they are meeting their responsibilities;
- Monitor and record all aspects of contractor performance on a daily basis to verify the contracting companies and their employees are delivering the expected performance level. Forward pertinent information including daily monitoring results and inspection reports (eg. mobilisation, demobilisation, equipment, site inspection, CRM verifications, SWP verifications);
- Complete incident reports in the company Tracker system;
- Ensure adequate supervision is applied to all jobs and that all work is performed by those who are trained, tested and competent to do it. Provide coaching to the supervisors supplied by the contractor to ensure they are meeting expectations;
- Responsible for ensuring contract employees have required training;
- General duties assisting with project logistics, cost tracking, ordering and inventory control, HSE activities, management and upkeep of the project areas, vehicles and equipment upkeep;
- Must understand and ensure all HSE systems, standards, and procedures that relate to the work; to help maintain personal as well as contractor safety, and a good working knowledge of the contractor management systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent experience;
- Construction or mechanical background is preferred;
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years’ of project coordination experience;
- Previous experience using SAP software;
- Previous experience working in a mining environment;
- Eng. status or eligible for registration is considered an asset;
- Ability to wear a full face/half mask respirator (if required); and
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.