HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HRPP is currently recruiting for its client Rio Tinto- Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) operation located in Eastern Canada- Labrador City, NL. IOC supplies iron ore concentrate and pellets to the world’s steel producing market.
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company offering the following:
- Experience working with a Global mining organization with an exceptional safety culture;
- Competitive salary and benefits including relocation assistance; and
- Excellent opportunity for career development and development of technical expertise.
HRPP are now accepting resumes for a Mine Dispatcher. The ideal candidate would have experience as a dispatcher in a mining environment and a degree in Mine Engineering. A senior mine engineer would also be acceptable.
This position would be part of the Mine Monitoring and Control (MMC) team– The MMC team utilizes technologies including Dispatch, remote asset health monitoring (Mine Care), Aquila, radio communications, and other technical systems to assist the Operational teams in lowering costs by improving efficiencies productivity studies and reporting functions. The purpose of the MMC team is to drive productivity by leading the Coordination, Control, and Optimization of Mine resources and assets through direct leadership practices and leveraged / enabled via technology. To also administer, support, sustain and drive continuous improvement value of the MMC technology including Rajant Wireless network, Terrain for Drilling, Grading and Loading, Modular Mine Care, Michelin MEMS.
- Responsible for the reliability and functionality of IOC’s Fleet Management Systems (FMS) and associated technologies within Operations, Mine Technical Services, Maintenance, Defect Elimination, and Safety;
- Coordinate activities and develop solutions to improve the reliability and performance of the systems and provide Continuous Improvement of the mining operation;
- Assist the on-site key personnel in utilizing all necessary FMS applications critical to the business;
- Maintain the following systems: MMS Dispatch, Wifi Network, Real Time Equipment Monitoring, Mine Operating Reporting System, Caes and Aquila;
- Work closely with other departments such as planning, production, survey, geology and maintenance to ensure (through measured KPI’s) that the fleet management systems are working effectively;
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance activities of associated systems, including managing, maintain inventory control, complete change management requirements, and coordinate with OEM and third party contractors;
- Design and deploy Wifi infrastructure to ensure optimal coverage for the mining fleet;
- Maintain ground based GPS system infrastructure to strive for 100% coverage;
- Assure contractual obligations measuring reliability and timely improvement metrics are met with MMS Dispatch systems;
- Assure contractual obligations measuring reliability and improvement metrics;
- Ensuring Dispatch systems are reliable and data is accurate;
- Maintain control over mine personnel and ensuring processes are optimised in the systems ( lineup, shift change, break lunch rotators, fuel procedures, etc );
- Facilitate production and coding reconciliation meetings;
- Provide interaction between Dispatch and GPS HP systems (Caes and Aquila);
- Maintain the bridge between mine users and Modular for the Dispatch and MineCare systems;
- Be familiar with maintenance and management activities in compliance to the IOC and Rio Tinto standards;
- Ensure coding of equipment is aligned with Global coding;
- Assist in accident investigations when required and ensure that recommendations are promptly implemented;
- Understand and adhere to Rio Tinto’s Health, Safety, and Environmental System and Performance Standards and related IOC HSE procedures;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of hazard identification, risk assessment, and the development and application of mitigating measures;
- Provide leadership in team building, planning, and establishing clear measures ensuring customer focus is maintained; and
- Assist in the coordination of scheduled work plans and unplanned emergency and breakdown work.
Cost Control Responsibilities
- Obtain quotes and generate purchase requisitions;
- Accountable for approval of purchases within approved budget;
- Identify and gain approval for purchase requests outside of budget;
- Sign off on invoices for goods – services within span of control; and
- Work with Procurement to ensure critical spares are stocked.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience in open pit mine utilizing shovels, large trucks and drills (desirable);
- Advanced PC skills and computer literacy including experience with global mine planning (GMP) software packages, drill and blast tools, ore control system tools, reporting tools and production monitoring/Fleet Management System tools;
- A strong desire to apply technical and operational knowledge in the continuous improvement of the operation;
- Must be a highly effective communicator with excellent oral communication skills and a proven ability to persuade, motivate and gain the cooperation and consensus of a diverse group of stakeholders, disciplines and functions to ensure short term operational objectives are achieved in an efficient manner;
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple requests is essential for this role;
- A proven history in delivering results to schedule and plan while having demonstrated a proactive commitment to a safe working environment; and
- The position requires a focus on safety and achieving cost-effective production through continuous improvement work with the mining fleet.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.