Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Mine Surveyor on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a mining environment.
This position is in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with 3 on/3 off rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
This individual will be working among the site based technical team undertaking surveying requirements at the Mine and as required throughout the site. The role will report to the Senior Surveyor.
- Topographic surveys, blast hole layouts, as built pickups.
- Month end pickups, stockpile volume calculations, reports, and reconciliations across multiple sites.
- UAV operation for stockpile surveys.
- Ensuring survey pick-up and mark-up comply with operating standard procedures.
- Meet objectives and comply with; safety plans, incident reporting process, policy/procedure reviews, MOC process, etc.
- Develop innovative opportunities to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Maintaining the survey control network and ensure the accuracy of survey data.
- Mine and road design.
- Contribute to and participate in the development of and maintenance of safe work procedures for Mine Operations in order to achieve an increased level of health, safety and environmental awareness that will promote efforts for an injury free and environmentally responsible workplace.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A formal tertiary survey qualification.
- 2-5 years of survey experience in an operating open pit mine.
- Proficient in MineSight or similar mine design software.
- Mining specific technical diploma required
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Analytical thinking and interpretation of information.
- Team player and positive attitude.
- Interested candidates must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Arctic experience would be beneficial.
- Experience working in remote mining camps.
- Experience working with aboriginal people and communities would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to connect and work with all levels of employees and management.
- Work in extreme low temperatures down to minus 40 Celsius.
- Lifting up to 25 kg.
- 12 hour long daily shifts for a three-week period.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.