HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Mobile Maintenance Engineer or Technologist on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in the maintenance and management of Letourneau L1850 and Hitachi EX1900.
This position is in Labrador City, NL. The duration of this position is 18 – 24 months with the possibility of extension.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Be an active member of the reliability collaborative forum to ensure consistency across the business and to share reliability initiatives;
• Facilitate improvements in site loss data and utilize site performance metrics (such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Utilization, Availability, MTBF, etc.) to identify the major causes of loss. Use this data to focus resources on improving performance;
• Facilitate the use of reliability analysis tools and systems including 6 Sigma, RCM, Tap Root, PMO, DE & RCA;
• Establishing/support good communications with maintenance and operations teams;
• Attend morning shift handover meetings to understand short term area priorities and issues;
• Lead defect elimination activities and RCA in support of maintenance team;
• Liaise with reliability engineer to ensure accurate tracking of delays and defect elimination activities;
• Provide technical support for planning team to identify and develop QA requirements as requested for maintenance activities;
• Support execution team and ensure QA requirements are adhered too during the execution of daily planned activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• B. Sc. Degree in Engineering or Technology diploma;
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in industrial work;
• Experience in diagnosis and resolution of technically advanced problems;
• Sound understanding of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles;
• Previous experience working in a Heavy Industrial or Processing environment;
• Experience in the maintenance and operations of Letourneau L1850 and Hitachi EX1900;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent safety attitude and track record;
• Computer literacy – Microsoft Suite, CMMS;
• Ability to work in a Lean team environment;
• Understanding and application of condition monitoring techniques;
• Ability to apply Six Sigma Principles to the resolution of technically advanced problems;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.