HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Mobile Maintenance Supervisor for multiple opportunities with one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years’ experience in mobile maintenance with a minimum of 3 years’ performing a Mobile Maintenance Supervisory role.
The Mobile Maintenance Supervisor will ensure safe execution of all tasks are performed by providing strong direction and guidance to all Mobile Maintenance Department execution teams and business support contractors. An expert organizing planned and unplanned maintenance activities, this position will ensure accurate equipment health reporting and quality task execution is achieved while driving continuous improvement and value generating initiatives.
This position is in a remote location in Northern Canada. This is a permanent position with a fly-in, fly-out rotation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform safety interactions and review field level risk assessments with all employees before task commencement. Lead Job Hazard Analysis when required to ensure risks are identified and controlled.
• Carry out daily safety toolbox talks, periodic safety meetings, routine and statutory safety inspections, root cause analysis and planned task observations as required.
• Participate in the development, implementation and adherence to safe work procedures/instructions and promote safety, health and environmental awareness and compliance. Perform QA/QC assessments to identify gaps and implement control measures for correction of all deviations to procedures and standards and ensure/verify sustainability of corrections.
• Monitor and ensure all employee’s competency for assigned tasks, ensuring they are following the appropriate procedures/instructions/manuals, and are performed without incident, in an environmentally responsible manner.
• Investigate task non‐conformances/compliances thoroughly and administer corrective actions up to and including disciplinary action when required, in conjunction with management.
• Report, track and approve employee and contractor hours and maintain records hours worked under the Supervisor’s direction.
• Use SAP software system effectively to properly document work performed, order parts, check inventory and monitor equipment history.
• Monitor all Maintenance equipment and infrastructure condition and ensure preventative maintenance is performed properly. Advise and act on areas requiring improvement, repair, or correction while ensuring compliance to all applicable standards.
• Ensure compliance to planned mobile equipment preventive maintenance schedules. Manage equipment backlog and track all work performed by employees and contractors under your direction to properly document task completion.
• Perform pre-PM/intervention inspections of equipment being repaired and perform prerelease inspections on equipment with completed interventions to ensure safe and reliable operating condition. Ensure all safety and fire prevention systems on all equipment are always operating correctly and are operating as designed.
• Communicate with the maintenance planners on task progression, parts requirements, task duration, input schedule information and provide accurate equipment task information. Assist in preparing scopes and monitoring performance to plan. Ensure plan deviations or deficiencies are communicated to the planners including specifics pertaining to the causes. Advise and implement corrective measures to achieve desired plan results.
• Ensure urgent breakdown repairs are attended to adequately in the shop or field, in a timely manner by employees or contractors under supervisor direction. Verify required parts and place orders and communicate breakdowns to the team.
• Actively promote and cooperate between maintenance, contractors and all other departments in the operation.
• Identify opportunities for the continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems. Action improvements directly under Supervisor control.
• Complete reports and perform record keeping as required, ensuring accuracy of reported data.
• Communicate effectively internally within the department as well as with all other sections and contractors.
• Monitor and report on equipment KPIs, perform quality control inspections on assigned tasks, implement continuous improvement of work being performed and make to reduce deficiencies.
• Supervisors work shift work to cover continuous operations. Shifts can be Days or Nights.
• Supervisor must ensure effective communication with all other supervisors, especially during shift and rotational changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Post-secondary education (College or University) along with a minimum of interprovincial Red Seal Certification of Competency in a relevant field for equipment maintenance;
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in mobile maintenance with a minimum of 3 years’ performing a Mobile Maintenance Supervisory role;
• Previous experience working in an open pit mining environment;
• Previous experience working in a remote Arctic operation with camp accommodations;
• Previous experience working with employees of all competency levels including developing individuals with minimal experience at apprenticeship levels performing maintenance in a mining environment in a remote camp setting;
• Experience mentoring, providing solid direction and safety leadership to all employees and contractors under their direction in harsh arctic field environments and in the workshops;
• Welding and fabrication experience required with an emphasis on equipment, structural and ground engaging tool maintenance best practices and procedure development and compliance;
• Extensive experience performing and supervising maintenance being performed on the following equipment:
o Atlas Copco PV271 & D65 drills;
o Cat 6030 face shovel;
o Cat MD6290 drills;
o Cat 793F and 777G trucks;
o Cat 14H/14M/16H/16M Motorgraders;
o Cat D6/D9T/D10T Trach Type tractors;
o Cat 390D/320D/345D Excavators;
o Cat 994K/992K/988H/950/930 Wheel loaders;
o Cat 740B Articulated trucks;
o Sandvik DX800 drills;
o Lube trucks, Skidsteers, Telehandlers, Forklifts, Cranes and other ancillary equipment;
o Terex/Grove Cranes of various models;
o Western Star 6900XD Tractors with B‐Train trailers, Kenworth Tractor;
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• SAP maintenance systems expertise and efficiency;
• Valid Nunavut WSCC Supervisor and First Aid Certificates;
• Valid Red Seal Trade Certification in a relevant trade;
• Valid Canadian Driver’s license to operate vehicles in Nunavut;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.