HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Subject Matter Expert – Network Design on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Network Administrator role or combination of formal training/work experience, with a Cisco Certified Network Associate/Cisco Certified Network Professional or similar certification.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation is preferred, however there could be a fly-in/fly-out rotation offered.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Gaining knowledge of the Client’s network infrastructure and standards
• Meeting with the Client’s customers to understand project technical requirements
• Working with the Client’s Network Services team to design standard, scalable network solutions
• Working with the Client’s Network team to provide both high level and detailed costs/plans to meet PFS and FS stage requirements
• Execution of data networks/telecommunications projects
• Installation/configuration of network hardware and software
• Fibre optic and data cable installation (coordination of contracted resources)
• Keeping networking documentation and diagrams current
• Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed over the network.
• Working effectively as a member of the Network Administration Team
• Working on site as it requires to perform site visits
• Understand operational requirements and to design network solutions to support those requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science and/or Communications Certification.
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP or similar certification
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Network Administrator role or combination of formal training/ work experience
• Experience with Firewalls and Cisco switches and routers
• Checkpoint Network Security
• Experience with network management and monitoring tools (Solarwinds, etc.)
• Experience with Active Directory
• Experience in Telecommunications
• Project Management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Information Technology|