HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Payroll & Accounting Administrator. This role requires a dynamic person who can multitask in a client-driven, fast-paced environment. A willingness to be flexible and work independently is required. The Payroll & Accounting Administrator will report to the Cost and Accounting Lead and provide a variety of payroll and administrative functions relating to the operations of the organization. Hands-on experience and knowledge with payroll is a requirement.
This is a full-time position and is located at the HR Project Partners Corporate Head Office in St. John’s, NL.
• Provides accurate and timely entering of payroll;
• Ensures accurate payroll records by entering and updating new hires, status changes, benefits deductions and payment for a staff of 100 into the payroll database;
• Coordinates a variety of tasks in payroll and invoicing for personnel and clients, including the verification of timesheets and expenses;
• Provides payroll and expense information, including processing documents in support of the onboarding of new and returning personnel;
• Develops and enters data entry into complex spreadsheets;
• Prepares statutory holiday calculations for payroll;
• Guide personnel on the various procedures, policies or questions they may have on payroll, timesheets, benefits etc.
• Responds to all personnel questions regarding payroll, expense reports, invoices and other inquiries;
• Processes personnel termination procedures;
• Performs and confirms expense claim preparation;
• Utilize and update company database systems.
• Reconciles monthly corporate and personnel credit card accounts for payment, including scanning and sending information to Accounting department;
• Performs accounts payable duties including bill payments;
• Communicates with the Group Benefits Coordinator regarding company benefits plan;
• Prepares documents and other items for mailing or shipping as required;
• Prepares correspondence, email communications, excel spreadsheets, memos and other documents; and
• Provides assistance to President and staff in all matters relating to the financial operations of the organization as well as other duties as assigned.
• Creating and updating personnel accrual reports;
• Collects expense reports from all personnel for transfer to Accounting Department;
• Assists with developing reports on expenses to be billed for invoicing; and
• Prepares and submits daily, monthly and quarterly reports for review by the Cost and Accounting Lead.
• Administering and maintaining and updating the master personnel database;
• Assists with the maintenance of an efficient and secure filing system for all accounting, administrative and financial documents;
• Assists with creating spreadsheets with complex formulas as required;
• Attends and participates in personnel team meetings and training sessions;
• Contributes to the organizational development of HR Project Partners Inc. by identifying and bringing forth issues of concern and/or opportunities for improvement; and
• Collects and compiles information to update the company’s annual charitable donations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education or vocational college diploma in office administration with a concentration in payroll and accounting;
• 5+ years’ experience in advanced payroll functions and intermediate accounting-related work;
• Experience in MS Excel at an Intermediate to Expert Level;
• Experience in other MS Office Suite of products including, Word and Outlook at an Intermediate to Expert Level;
• Working Knowledge in Avionte or Simply Accounting, an asset; and
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification, an asset.
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent Math and problem-solving capabilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent Attention to Detail;
• Superior time management and organizational skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all team members as well as vendors and clients;
• Working knowledge of government legislation and employment standards as they relate to payroll and accounting.
• Strong ability to multi-task while ensuring attention to detail is maintained;
• Strong flexibility and commitment to meeting deadlines;
• Ability to identify process improvements;
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team; and
• A positive and professional demeanor.
HR Project Partners offers a competitive compensation package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.