Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Payroll Clerk on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years payroll experience, as well as experience with general accounting principles including reconciliation of GL accounts.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Payroll Clerk is responsible for the preparation and distribution of accurate and timely payroll information with primary duties in administrative support and maintaining employee files.
This position works Monday to Friday from the Grand Falls-Windsor office.
Deadline to Apply: September 18, 2023
Essential Job Functions:
- Process payroll including entering, reviewing, validating time, and reviewing payroll registers.
- Act as a liaison with the Finance team for all General Ledger reporting, ensuring payroll
- documentation is accurate and available.
- Calculate and complete journal entries, and monthly accruals.
- Support special programs and projects including government reporting, audits, and employee programs.
- Maintain primary employee data within the HRIS including creating new records,
- administering/inputting pay changes, terminating employee/profiles.
- Perform payroll reconciliation.
- Perform month and year end processes including T4 issuance and account reconciliations.
- Field employee questions related to payroll, time, and benefits administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Business Diploma is required and payroll designation (or willingness to complete)
- 3+ years payroll experience.
- Experience with general accounting principles including reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Experience with ADP.
- Experience in an organization with 500+ employees.
- Experience in a Mining or similar industrial setting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll practices and legislation.
- Knowledge and experience with general accounting principles including reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and exhibit a professional attitude.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Initiative and work independently while supporting team members.
- Highly skilled in administrative computer applications such as Microsoft office suite (Outlook,
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Oracle, Ellipse, Peoplesoft.
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Office software, particularly Excel.
- A valid driver’s license and drivers abstract required.
About Marathon Gold:
Marathon Gold Corporation (“Marathon” or the “Company”) is engaged in the exploration and
development of the Valentine Gold Project (the “Project”) located in the central region of Newfoundland. Early works started in October 2022 and construction commencing in January 2023 with the first gold production at the end of 2024. Once in production, it will be the largest gold mine in Atlantic Canada and a major employer in the province. Marathon is a public corporation (TSX:MOZ) headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with a regional office located in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL.
Additional corporate and Project information is available at www.marathon-gold.com
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.