HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Payroll Specialist on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in a multinational organization.
This position is in Montréal, QC. This is a permanent, full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
We are looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking payroll professional to help us build the payroll organization of tomorrow. This is not your average payroll role – our team supports a large and diverse group of offices and operations across North America. We deliver payroll services in partnership with our outsourced service provider, so the Montreal hub-based team monitors, handles complex queries and drives improvements in our process and controls.
You will have a problem-solving mindset, always seeking better ways to partner with our outsource provider and customers. No two days are the same in this dynamic and challenging working environment.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, in this role you will:
• Provide technical and process guidance to Employee support and Payroll Services team members where required, including leading activities to investigate and resolve escalated issues or queries.
• Support and remotely engage an offshore delivery team by monitoring operational performance and results.
• Ensure that service delivery complies with controls, data governance and quality control principles.
• Proactively identify improvement opportunities and / or projects to optimize Employee Data Management & Payroll activities and improve the overall customer experience and satisfaction levels.
• Perform retained org activities, such as authorizing cash payments and ensuring that appropriate checks are performed prior to approval. E.g., bank account checks and accuracy of payment.
• Support the implementation of minor demand related process changes.
• Responsible for Year End activities.
• Participates in projects and ensure that projects are proceeding as planned.
• Establishes regular communication with customers to resolve escalated issues, anticipate additional service requirements and changes, supports customer ad hoc requirements.
• Assist with building appropriate KPIs and monthly reporting.
• Works with appropriate Groups (People Experience and Areas of Expertise) were required to exchange information and resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or Accounting/Finance. College diploma with solid experience.
• Previous experience working in a payroll or accounting environment.
• Solid payroll and Employee Data Management experience.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in a large multinational organization is a benefit.
• Fluent in French and English.
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Good understanding of what successful shared services look like, and a change/problem-solving mindset to move the team towards business excellence.
• Strong stakeholder management, communication, and engagement across different teams in the organization.
• Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to use real data to drive improvement.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.