HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Power & Distribution Manager on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical trades.
This is a permanent position, on a fly-in/fly-out rotation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Power & Distribution Manager will work closely with all operations departments and is responsible for planning and conducting independent electrical engineering work requiring sound judgement in evaluation, selection, application and adaption of electrical engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Ensure the department goals are met by maintaining/reducing the overall cost and optimizing the process and controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for planning and conducting independent electrical engineering work requiring sound judgement in evaluation, selection, application and adaption of electrical engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Tracks power distribution equipment supplier metrics and takes steps to address issues / improve costs based on actual cost results.
• Oversee the research of new technology as it pertains to your respective area of expertise. Stay on the forefront of technological advances.
• Develops and coordinates the implementation of cost-effective electric system policies and practices to support operating business unit processes. Develops and executes overall plan to assess and manage electrical distribution infrastructure.
• Responsible for the analysis of electric distribution delivery systems to identify and resolve system performance problems.
• Design and coordinate maintenance of electrical utilities and associated power distribution equipment.
• Power system and power quality analysis to include bonding and grounding.
• Manage construction projects by in-house associates and trades.
• Ensure compliance with Government, State, and Local regulations and codes.
• Resolves problems using solutions that involve existing or new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
• Forecasts operating cost of department and assists in budget planning.
• Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
• Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of Company policies and procedures to the power distribution activities.
• Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Work with Continuous improvement & Reliability for continuous improvement initiatives.
• Supervise Superintendents, Supervisors and oversee projects and quality control.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws.
• Provides functional leadership between field operating personnel, customer representatives and general office departments to ensure alignment with strategic plan. Interface with business unit representatives on cross-functional project teams.
• Interviews potential employees and makes recommendations to hire qualified employees.
• Trains and mentor’s direct employees, including development plans to challenge and perpetuate growth.
• Plans, assigns, and directs related work.
• Monitors progress against production schedules and takes corrective action to ensure timely completion of assignments by engineering personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical trades.
• Experience in continuous improvement would be advantageous.
• Experience with Acid Rock Drainage and Pit Dump Design would be advantageous.
• Experience using SAP is preferred.
• Experience with PLC and DCS systems.
• Experience and ability to plan, schedule equipment, development of production plans and human resources.
• Experience working with aboriginal people and communities would be an asset.
• Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
• Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Able to read and understand blueprints and schematics.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge of low and medium voltage power distribution including transformers, switchgear, and breaker operation, design, and maintenance.
• Reading one-line diagram.
• Perform pay back analysis.
• Knowledge of electrical wiring.
• Competency in power analysis software and power monitoring software.
• Strong management and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Engineer, Supervisor|