Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Power Systems Technician on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in electrical maintenance.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. The position is full-time permeant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients in a multitude of industry sectors, this is a daily customer facing position, professionalism is required.
- Provide electrical service and technical assistance, in all facets of maintenance and modifications to electrical power distribution systems.
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical systems and equipment.
- Preparation and execution of electrical testing and commissioning.
- Assistance and preparation of bid documents.
- Review of electrical drawings and schematics.
- Maintenance of quality documentation throughout the entire scope work.
- Mentoring, training, and coaching less experienced technicians as the situations arise.
- Utmost respect and compliance for safety protocols at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have a Post-Secondary Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, with a minimum of five (5) years of field experience, preferably in a customer facing environment.
- From a technical perspective, the candidate selected will have experience working with a wide range of distribution systems (preferably low to medium voltage), be able to write and produce technical reports (Such as Commissioning & Start-up and Maintenance & Repairs Testing Summary as a minimum and Power System, ArcFlash, and Coordination studies would be a definite asset).
- Experience with a hands-on mechanical background, power transformers, and general project management would be an asst.
- You will work flexible hours and have effective time management and effective record keeping skills with the ability to manage multiple project schedules.
- You will have effective communication skills, with an attention to detail, a strong work ethic and a positive team attitude.
- Travel is required for this position, and the successful candidate must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required).
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.