HRPP is currently recruiting for its client, Tata Steel Minerals Canada Limited (TSMC) operation located in Eastern Canada – Labrador, NL. TSMC is part of the Tata Steel Group of companies which is a Fortune 500 Company and is among the top 10 producers of steel in the world. TSMC is the product of a joint venture between Tata Steel (77.68%) of India, New Millennium (4.32%), a publicly owned Canadian mining company and the Government of Quebec (18%). TSMC DSO Project includes mining operations from several iron ore mine deposits and dry processing plant facilities in Newfoundland and Labrador near the town of Schefferville, QC.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Process Controls/Automation Specialist on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in programming a variety of PLC’s, PI system and Wonderware HMI for the process plant to ensure accurate, reliable and safe operation. The ideal applicant would have experience in heavy industry and/or mining processing plants. They will also have a strong background and knowledge in programming PLC’s, HMI and excellent computer skills.
This position is located in the Menihek Region, Labrador near the town of Schefferville, QC on a Fly-In/Fly-Out rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the purpose of the role is to design, program and troubleshoot machine control software, instruments and other process automation systems;
- He/she will be required to program a variety of PLC’s, PI system and Wonderware HMI for the process plant to ensure accurate, reliable and safe operation;
- The position incumbent, with input form the Automation team, will identify issues on a proactive basis and act to address them in a timely manner. In addition, the Process and Control/Automation Specialists will ensure that direct reports and areas of accountability meet all requirements with regards to legislated regulations, company policies and practices;
- Manage systems within the area of accountability to achieve the following outputs:
- Ensures zero harm to employees, the business, the environment and the community;
- Works in collaboration with Operation, Processing and Maintenance departments for all projects;
- Detailed involvement in controls projects, communication systems and electrical design;
- Programming a combination of various automation technologies into highly integrated systems;
- Establishes and works on full project implementation including, feasibility, concept, design, drawing, programming, documentation, testing, construction and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technologist Diploma or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- 5+ years of experience in mining process plant or heavy industry (preference will be given to those with a background in systems integration);
- Solid knowledge of PLC’s, HMI and excellent computer skills;
- Experience in PI system highly desirable;
- Strong experience and ability to work with the following:
- Network – PLC Level, Server Level, Services Level;
- HMI’s – Wonder Ware, Panel View, Simatic;
- PLC’s – Modicon Quantum and M340 Series, Allen Bradley, Siemens;
- VFD’s – Toshiba, Schneider, Allen Bradley;
- Programming – Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, ST;
- Historian – PI, Wonder Ware;
- Field Instrumentation;
- SAP software for maintenance;
- Able to work on site on a Fly-in/Fly-out schedule.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Language: English is required \ French is considered an asset.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.