Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Process Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
This position is in St. John’s, NL. This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) position, with a duration of one year (possibility of extension).
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivering conceptual and detailed process engineering deliverables based on project specifications and engineering inputs following applicable specifications, standards and codes including but not limited to: Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), P&IDs, heat & material balance, sizing of equipment, hydraulic calculations and lines sizing, process data sheets for equipment, valves, and instruments.
- Liaising with other disciplines through work development; investigating, advising and resolving complex design and field engineering problems.
- Reviewing, interpretating, designing and analyzing process equipment and systems, including process simulation and system analysis.
- Establishing flow assurance strategies, operational scenarios for Oil & Gas process systems, including flare, blowdown, utilities, and support field architecture selection.
- Analyzing problems, organizing investigations, and determining specific design criteria.
- Assuring compliance with project schedule and control estimates.
- Supporting procurement, fabrication, and construction efforts including through bid evaluations, communication with suppliers, documentation review, and support to offshore execution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical or process engineering and registration with PEGNL as a P.Eng (preferred) or an EIT.
- Experience in an engineering design role with a focus on Front End, FEED and EPC scopes within the offshore energy industry.
- Solid engineering knowledge of process design codes and standards.
- Competency in process analysis software such as HYSYS and FlareNet or equivalent is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.