HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Procurement Lead (Corporate) on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or a related field of study, obtain a Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (SCMA) designation, and have a minimum of 10 years relevant sourcing and procurement experience.
This position is located in Paradise, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
The Procurement Lead, reporting to the Controller, will develop implement and maintain a progressive procurement strategy across the divisions of a dynamic Newfoundland and Labrador based company that provides construction, maintenance and fabrication services in the Mining, Oil & Gas, and Power Generation sectors across Canada.
The management approach is team oriented. Open communication between this position and project management, corporate management, and client representatives is essential. The incumbent must be resourceful, possess a strong work etch and capability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
All employees must work together to meet and exceed the requirements of the Company’s Safety & Quality Management Programs. They are passionate about exceeding customer expectations while providing a safe working environment for everyone.
- Implement a focused plan to develop the strategic value of the procurement function within the Company and implement the change management process;
- Manage, coach and support the procurement functions within the Company, providing leadership and direction to ensure project timelines are met;
- Provide strategic advice based on industry knowledge and market research to help achieve optimum sourcing and procurement solutions for the Company;
- Develop and maintain internal procurement policies, procedures and requirements; responsible for protecting the Company from procurement and reputational risk as a result of a procurement processes;
- Develop strategic sourcing opportunities that add value to the product and service requirements of the Company;
- Ensure that agreements are developed and managed with due regard for operational efficiencies and are aligned with existing organizational service level frameworks and goals;
- Assist with the management vendor relationships ensuring they fully understand the Company expectations on quality, service and safety and that these expectations are met per the requirements of purchase agreements and contracts;
- Monitor and maintain a procurement document retention and audit trail that is consistent with industry best practices;
- Develop, maintain and deliver internal procurement training to stakeholders;
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Business Administration or a related field of study;
- Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (SCMA) designation; SCMP preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant sourcing and procurement experience;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Previous experience in implementing and managing a procurement plan;
- Previous experience in a corporate procurement setting;
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in an ERP environment (JD Edwards preferred);
- Superior stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated knowledge of and experience with project management processes.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop a high performance team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to work with individuals across all levels of the organization and external stakeholders;
- Advanced negotiation skills;
- Advanced oral and written communications and presentation skills;
- Ability to problem solve and successfully manage customer and supplier relationships;
- Strong analytical abilities, ideally coupled with superior organizational skills and experience coordinating multiple assignments/projects simultaneously;
- Flexible and self-directed with the ability to manage competing priorities during periods of rapid change and transition with constantly shifting priorities;
- Possesses a high level of accountability and proven capability to clearly define and articulate requirements, priorities, impacts, and solutions;
- Excellent work performance and attendance history.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.