HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Program Manager (Shipbuilding) on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant must have a minimum of seven (7) years Program Manager Experience within the last twelve (12) years. Program Management experience is defined as being responsible for leading the program management and must include at least one Government Marine Level Three Maintenance project with a minimum of 400,000 hours.
This position is located in Lévis, QC and is a permanent position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct the HCWP Contract including both the program team and the project teams for each docking.
- Manage the dedicated program team using the assigned resources and support services while complying with the Corporate Policies and Procedures for each functional Department.
- Manage the client-supplier relationship by acting as a key interface for client relations (ex-hosting Progress Review Meetings, etc.).
- Manage the contract and its specifications. Identify and communicate contractual obligations and ensure they are respected at all times.
- Identify contract and specification changes, manage them, prepare additional resource and/or deadline claims and present them to the client.
- Establish a project plan, based on the execution strategy as well as the scheduling of the plan’s activities covering the entirety of company functions, including subcontracted activities.
- Based on the allocated budget, designate material resources, manpower and financial resources to the various plan activities. The project plan must be sufficiently detailed to ensure adequate control of the project and the given subcontracted activities with regard to cost, quality and schedule.
- Establish a plan for resource mobilization, including training if needed.
- Ensure the established quality plan is adhered to.
- Ensure that project-specific processes are respected.
- Follow up on performance with regard to established budgets and the schedule of planned activities.
- Identify and justify discrepancies; put corrective actions in place.
- Ensure the availability of all project reporting and the on-time d.
- Identify risks and put contingency plans in place.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of seven (7) years Program Manager Experience in related field, managing significant projects within the last twelve (12) years.
- Experience with at least one Government Marine Level Three Maintenance project with a minimum of 400,000 hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- A Master’s degree in project management (considered an asset) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in conflict management and negotiation.
- Ability to manage multiple client-supplier relationships simultaneously.
- Strong skills related to managing stress and multiple priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to relocate is beneficial.
- Bilingual (both French and English) is preferred.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.