HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Project Controls Specialist on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in staff/resource management with multiple projects and have at least 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.
This position is located in St. John’s, NL. This position is for a contract of 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
Essential Job Functions:
The Asset Life Extension Project Controls Specialist is responsible for oversight of all Life Extension Dry Docking planning, budget and cost. He/she will ensure compliance to cost control Methodology by both Client direct support and the 3rd parties vendors.
Steward to Client’s capitalization policy throughout the whole project to ensure no unwarranted tax implications at project completion.
- Work closely with Client’s local financial department to ensure transparency around budgets and cost through all phases of the project;
- Proactively communicate any concerns around cost, schedule or contractual issues to the ALE Project Manager;
- Work closely with the Operational team including subsea engineering to ensure that any changes to work scope are promptly highlighted within the schedule and budget;
- Responsible for the preparation and stewardship of the annual and long-range budgets, asset plans and associated detailed planning Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategy and process for cost control and scheduling for the Asset Life Extension (ALE) program that aligns with corporate guidance;
- Directing and managing the functional duties of supporting cost control and planning personnel;
- Interfacing with Client financial group to coordinate inputs for finance and corporate requirements in terms of long-range planning, annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and ad hoc analysis request;
- Monitoring and managing EPC contractor and other contractors as required. Active engagement with EPC contractor processes in the areas of schedule and costs;
- Regularly reviewing program and advising of potential or known schedule and planning challenges.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist Diploma;
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Engineer status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL) or Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologist of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL);
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in staff/resource management with multiple projects;
- Minimum of 10 years’ proven and progressive project controls experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of project management and contractor management experience;
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience with large projects construction planning and progress measurement;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Formal certification/training in Primavera;
- Formal certification/training in Quantity Surveyor;
- Formal training in cost control and cost planning;
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills enough to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups;
- Proven skills in effectively managing multiple tasks, often under pressure and within time constraints;
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment that includes dealing with people from various disciplines. Also, work in partnership with others outside of the formal organization (e.g. service providers, vendors, contractors), to achieve goals, and identify and resolve problems;
- Problem-solving orientation to identify key issues and recommend appropriate solutions in a proactive manner;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules and deadlines.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Member in good standing with Project Management Institute (PMI);
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors;
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory and offshore related requirements;
- Knowledge in control administration and development economics;
- Knowledge of costing estimating and bill of quality principles;
- Knowledge of cost platforms (Ecosys, Prism or equivalent).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.