Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Project Coordinator (Civil/Structural) on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have experience in managing contractors, overseeing projects and reporting to the Project Manager, overseeing costs, scheduling, etc.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The duration for this position is one year, January 2023-December 2023.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work on the execution of mining projects;
- Provide coordination and support to the Project Manager;
- Coordination of activities between client and contractor completing the work;
- Review and coordinate responses to contractor RFI’s (request for information);
- Collaborate with the project planning personnel in update of the schedule;
- To understand and work within Scope of Work, Risk Assessment(s), and other supporting documents that accurately and comprehensively defines the work to be performed and the associated hazards;
- Ensure contractors performing the work are aware of all aspects related to the work;
- Continually monitor all contractors during the job on their ability to meet the demands of the contract and to meet HSE expectations;
- Review and understand contracting companies Safety Programs, applicable standards and safe work procedures (SWP’s) to ensure they are meeting their responsibilities;
- Work with the Project Geologist and Project Manager to ensure a clear understanding of expectations is adequately conveyed to the contractor;
- Monitor and record all aspects of contractor performance on a daily basis to verify the contracting companies and their employees are delivering the expected performance level. Forward pertinent information including daily monitoring results and inspection reports (eg. mobilisation, demobilisation, equipment, site inspection, CRM verifications, SWP verifications);
- Complete incident reports in the company Tracker system;
- Ensure adequate supervision is applied to all jobs and that all work is performed by those who are trained, tested and competent to do it. Provide coaching to the supervisors supplied by the contractor to ensure they are meeting expectations;
- Responsible for ensuring contract employees have required training;
- General duties assisting with producing documents, preparing and presenting presentations, prepare documents for approval (ie: budgets/funds), review drawings, prepare progress reports, etc.
- Must understand and ensure all HSE systems, standards, and procedures that relate to the work; to help maintain personal as well as contractor safety, and a good working knowledge of the contractor management systems.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Diploma and/or equivalent experience;
- PMP certification considered an asset;
- Civil or Structural background would be preferred;
- 5 or more years of project management/project coordination experience;
- Prior experience with or ability to write technical reports;
- Previous experience in mining industry;
- Valid driver’s license; and
- Leadership experience in small to medium sized teams.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.