HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for multiple Project Coordinators on behalf of one of our clients, including:
- Piping Project Coordinators
- Multi-Disciplined (Structural, Mechanical, Civil, and Architectural) Project Coordinators
The ideal applicant must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction from the Project Manager, have a working knowledge of the technical specifications and standards used throughout the construction industry, and be resourceful and possess demonstrated project management skills.
The ideal applicant would be a graduate Engineer, Certified Engineering Technologist, or other relevant training and experience. The Project Coordinators must have the ability to read and understand mechanical, structural, and civil plans and specifications.
This position is located in Labrador, on a fly-in/fly-out rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Project Manager:
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for the management of Company project activities for estimation and delivery of a project to initial point of execution. This will include the development of proposals/bids, plans budgets, and delivery of all equipment/tools/materials for initialization of a project
- Have open communication between this position and project management staff/field supervisory personnel, the Company’s head office and Client representatives is essential
- Practice up to date safety procedures and exceed the requirements of the Safety & Quality Management Programs
- Site specific safety tours shall be conducted on weekly basis
- Perform safety interactions with employees on daily basis
- Delivery safety messages (i.e. one-minute message) to crews on a frequent basis (Minimum one per week)
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment is an ongoing priority for all employees
- Promote and practice company values in nurturing a safe, creative, innovative, and enjoyable work environment
- Conduct site visits for estimates and consult with the Client’s representative
- Obtain pricing from subcontractors and manage competitiveness
- Prepare detailed estimates for materials, equipment, sub-contractors
- Develop projects schedules, bid forms, bid notes, and necessary documents for Client tender submissions
- Schedule and document the delivery of all tools, materials and equipment required to complete projects
- Identify, develop, and assist implementation of work processes and procedures
- Assist management in the developing and maintaining good relationships with Clients
- Keep open communication channels among all project stakeholders
- Participate in staff training programs
- Develop and participate in post project completion reviews/lessons learned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A graduate engineer, certified engineering technologist, or other journeyman trade qualifications, academic training and experience deemed equivalent
- Construction/project management – proficient ability to read and understand mechanical, structural, civil plans and specifications and tender documents
- Proficient in the use and application of computers and related software. (i.e.: Microsoft software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competency in budgets, estimating, project planning, cost control and analytical reporting
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present concepts and proposals to all personnel from senior management to industrial trade’s employees
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.