Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Civil Project Manager on behalf of one of our clients, JCL. The ideal candidate would have experience in a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a progressive Leadership role in Heavy Civil Construction.
This is a full-time position located in Newfoundland and Labrador.
This position will require on-site rotations for projects throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, and off-season office related bidding and estimating for a wide array of heavy civil, mining, road construction, marine, crushing, and concrete opportunities.
We offer our employees a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, and above market group health benefits, as well as a commitment to career development, and growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in project development activities including scope definition and clarification, preconstruction planning, estimate development and on-site project management to ensure overall project schedule, budget, and delivery;
- Planning, scheduling, setting objectives and controlling activities during the construction phase of a project(s) in conjunction with the Project Execution Team;
- Project administration which includes negotiating and awarding subcontracts for scopes of work, resolving issues to meet project goals, invoice approval and review, preparing progress estimates, regular monitoring and progressing reports, and maintaining project files;
- Co-ordination with all internal Company Departments to ensure all materials, labor force, equipment, and subcontractors are organized and productive in contract execution;
- Expedite all materials and equipment deliveries and monitor quality of work on site;
- Manage project activities throughout the lifecycle – pursuit, tendering / bidding, budgeting, pre-construction preparation, asset / resource allocation, scheduling, completion, deficiency management and contract close out to meet and strive to exceed requirements; and
- Provide strong and confident leadership to all projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a progressive Leadership role in Heavy Civil Construction;
- A Civil Engineering degree would be considered an asset, however, a combination of technical training plus experience/knowledge in concrete, bridge/structures, marine, and/or Earthworks in Heavy civil/mining/transportation sectors of construction will be preferred;
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary); and
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Superior communication skills (written and spoken) and strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance while providing guidance and inspiration.
- Have practical and innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong core Safety value and approach.
- Solid understanding of cost control and budget management. Efficient and accurate ability to evaluate job costs and schedules.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Excel, Word and Outlook) and the ability to work in Microsoft Project and construction management/estimating software. Knowledge and proficiency in Bid2Win software will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted