Find the right job
Railway Maintenance Supervisor
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Railway Maintenance Supervisor on behalf of one of our clients, The Iron Ore Company of Canada. The ideal candidate would have a minimum 6 months of prior track experience, and hold a valid REFC-D card.
They are looking for a Railway Maintenance Supervisor who can contribute to the maintenance of the railway infrastructure. The applicant will be responsible for ensuring that the territory for which he or she is responsible is safe and meets the minimum standards of QNS&L Railway and Transport Canada. They will have to manage work crews efficiently and safely to minimize disruptions to rail traffic.
Essential Job Functions:
The position will be responsible for:
- Managing maintenance teams
- Inspecting the track and prioritize interventions
- Completing and signing all legal documentation (Transport Canada)
- Responding to emergencies 24 hours a day
- Being responsible for Rail Safety throughout the network
- Enforcing all Health, Safety and Environmental standards
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma (DES or recognized equivalence)
- Diploma of vocational studies (DEP) or college studies (DEC) in a related field or combination of education and relevant experience
- A minimum of 6-month track experience preferred (valid REFC-D card)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to communicate well in French and English (spoken and written) is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Experience in personnel management, good leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Results-oriented attitude, with an ability to be team-oriented
- Ability to travel by helicopter or plane on a regular basis
- Basic computer skills and/or ability to use the following software: Office Suite.
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.