HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Reliability Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. Ideal candidates will have experience with preventative, predictive and reliability maintenance programs as well as experience in the manufacturing, pulp and paper or energy industries which includes experience with fixed equipment in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
This is a permanent position located in Corner Brook, NL. Relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
The Reliability Engineer will be responsible for finding, investigating and gathering information such as data, facts and figures, and then providing business recommendations, developing maintenance tactics, and/or modifying plant/equipment to increase availability, reduce maintenance costs and optimize business risks against asset performance;
The main responsibilities will be:
- Lead a culture of safety in the workplace;
- Work with planning, project teams, maintenance engineers, operational teams, supply and equipment designers using reliability centered maintenance principles to develop maintenance tactics into efficient whole-of-life maintenance plan;
- Optimize the process for gathering and reporting equipment data;
- Maintain Asset Management Systems;
- Adopt and promote a whole of life approach to asset selection and focusing on reliability, availability, maintainability, and operability;
- Implementation of processes to ensure the appropriate asset management tactics are being executed and improved upon;
- A recognized maintenance and reliability certification such as MMP or CMRP is preferred;
- Proven experience leading change and successfully implementing reliability and maintenance strategies
- Experience managing projects in a maintenance environment.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience with ongoing professional development;
- 10 years of experience with preventative, predictive and reliability maintenance programs in an environment where a mature reliability and maintenance program is in place;
- 5 years of experience in the manufacturing or pulp and paper industries which includes experience with fixed equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Proficient with CMMS Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint;
- Ability to harness the strengths and knowledge of a diverse team to create sustainable solutions programs in an environment where a mature reliability and maintenance program is in place;
- Highly organized and ability to work in high stress situations and resolve issues;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in from diverse stakeholders;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.