Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Reliability Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have experience in open pit mining.
This position is in Northern Canada. The duration of this position is permanent, on a 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support operations through priorities set by General Managers.
- Support the Reliability & Continuous Improvement team to develop Operational and Maintenance capacity.
- Work with Continuous Improvement to implement Lean Manufacturing principals within the site.
- Organize and manage reliability and continuous improvement projects from initial concept development charter to final commissioning and close-out.
- Oversee and establish Reliability initiative analyzing asset life cycle costing, process, and equipment data.
- Facilitate and lead team activities and rapid improvement events as required.
- Conduct observations and analyze data including downtime, cycle time analysis, etc. to bring recommendations for improvement opportunities forward to the team.
- Track, communicatee and share results and lessons learned – ensures successes are published and communicated to all employees.
- Troubleshoot and solve repetitive maintenance failures to improve maintenance efficiency as assigned.
- Assist in interpreting facts and information gathered to understand current state and defined future states.
- Build, sustain and leverage day to day relationships and communications with partners and individuals within area of immediate responsibility to contribute to business development.
- Support tradesmen by providing guidance and training when requested.
- Focus upon process improvements to enhance productivity, increase revenue, enhance safety, and reduce cost, consistent with the strategic direction of the company.
- Work with regional and mine site leadership and multi-functional teams to identify, develop, execute, and complete selected improvements projects.
- Act as a change agent to instill an operational excellence, performance improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Present findings formally to Senior and Executive Management teams.
- Perform benchmarking activities.
- Develop equipment and component standards and performance requirements as required.
- Perform various project administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and perform maintenance of project tracking logs (i.e., issues, change control, etc.) to satisfy project management.
- Monitor department machinery to ensure equipment functions as designed to result in maximum equipment reliability and operating efficiency.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor and Planner to plan repairs, modifications, and improvements to department equipment.
- Support the promotion of a safe workplace and a health & safety program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in mining;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in mobile equipment and asset management;
- Previous experience working in open pit mining is preferred, Arctic experience beneficial;
- Experience using SAP Maintenance system & PI Processbook required;
- Experience running projects in a mining environment beneficial;
- Experience in maintenance or reliability engineering required;
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance is required;
- Experience with developing and reviewing process methodology and tools;
- Ability to wear a full face / half mask respirator (if required);
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary);
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads up to 50 to 60 pounds, etc.);
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Strategic thinking and understanding of critical issues related to mining;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted date :
May 17, 2022
Job nature :