Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for Reliability Engineer – OHT & Support on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years’ experience with fixed plant and/or Mobile Equipment maintenance and reliability experience in a mining or industrial setting. HR Project
This position is in Mary River, NU. This is a permanent position.
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, the Reliability Engineer will be responsible for the developing and implementation of proactive reliability solutions as well as tracking equipment failures and developing solutions that will minimize unscheduled equipment downtime. Conducts analysis to determine the reliability of components, equipment, and processes. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations, and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvement. Investigates reliability problems and determines the required reliability approach for a particular solution, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and weight size, and availability of materials/equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize and manage reliability improvement projects from initial concept development charter to final commissioning and close-out.
- Oversee and establish Reliability initiative analyzing asset life cycle costing, process, and equipment data.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, engineering assessments influenced by reliability principles.
- Troubleshoot and solve repetitive maintenance failures to improve maintenance efficiency as assigned.
- Organizing, cleansing, analyzing, and transforming data (i.e., downtime, cycle time analysis, etc.) into useful information to drive decisions and provide recommendations for improvement opportunities.
- Analyzing data to identify trends and patterns and developing KPI’s and reports for management team on equipment performance, including MTTR & MTBF.
- Prepare equipment technical assessment reports using machine health technologies.
- Provide support to the operations, maintenance and planning teams and will attend daily toolbox meetings and weekly planning meetings.
- Organize, Facilitate, develop, and communicate root cause analysis of equipment failures and assist in the identification and implementation of corrective actions or technologies.
- Support tradesmen by providing guidance and training when requested.
- Focus upon reliability improvements to enhance productivity, increase revenue, enhance safety and reduce cost, consistent with the strategic direction of the company.
- Act as a change agent to instill operational excellence and performance improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Develop equipment and component standards and performance requirements as required.
- Perform various project administration tasks, including coordinating meetings, taking meeting minutes, forwarding communication releases, and perform maintenance of project tracking logs (i.e., issues, change control, etc.) to satisfy project management processes.
- Monitor department machinery to ensure equipment functions as designed to result in maximum equipment reliability and operating efficiency.
- Support the promotion of a safe workplace and a health & safety program.
- Research new reliability processes and identify new materials or equipment on the market to help improve business objectives.
- Assist in development of area inspection plans, both running and shutdown.
- Participate in review of new equipment requirements and standards.
- Proactively develop and provide safety perspective for equipment and processes, make recommendations of Engineering solutions and methods to eliminate hazards.
- Provide recommendations of equipment strategies that are engineered to maximize site-wide asset performance while continuously aligning daily functions.
- Provide recommendations to improve maintenance strategies utilizing reliability and maintenance tools, including Reliability centered maintenance, Root cause failure analysis, failure modes effects and criticality analysis and risk-based inspection.
- Designs and develops new and unique engineering methods and procedures, special equipment, innovative test procedures, and special analysis of failure techniques and communicates these advanced concepts in detailed technical reports that are used to educate the business.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years experience with fixed plant and/or Mobile Equipment maintenance and reliability experience in a mining or industrial setting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanic Engineering required.
- MMP and/or CMRP certification.
- PEng designation in the Territory of Nunavut.
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.