HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Safety Advisor on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would be a safety professional with 5+ years’ experience in construction safety, a background in site execution, and previous experience performing project coordination duties.
This position is located in Voisey’s Bay, NL. This is a fly-in/fly-out opportunity, with a rotation of 2-weeks in/2-weeks out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide reporting of progress, cost and scheduling to meet project requirements;
• Ensure compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects;
• Ensure the safety of others on Company site by coaching Managers and Supervisors in relation to proper HSE behaviors;
• Assist management in the process of conducting investigations using TapRoot/Root Cause methodology, report incident information and propose recommendations. Coaching and Assisting Supervisors and Managers in the implementation of corrective actions;
• Review and maintain all incident reports and ensure that they are uploaded to the Company tracking system;
• Analyze incidents and trends and report accordingly;
• Participate in reviewing and approving Company HSE planning process;
• Prepare and execute audits and inspections while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
• Work in conjunction with regulators and Company Managers to limit exposure to citations and define requirements associated with this;
• Have a strong knowledge in Company HSE regulatory standards and Federal and Provincial regulations and ensuring application of these in the workplace. It is important that the HSE Advisor provide advice and support to Supervisors and Managers; and
• Assist in developing training programs, attend meetings in relation to HSE, and work in conjunction with the HSE team to assist with site communications and distribution of such.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited college, technical institute or university in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
• 5+ years of experience in an HSE capacity, in an industrial environment;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset; and
• Willing and qualified to work as a site safety lead.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.