HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Safety Coordinator on behalf of one of our Clients.
This position is located in Labrador. The duration will be 1-2 months with the possibility of an extension.
- Ensure compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects;
- Ensure the safety of others on Company site by coaching Managers and Supervisors in relation to proper HSE behaviours;
- Assist management in the process of conducting investigations using TapRoot/Root Cause methodology, report incident information and propose recommendations. Coaching and Assisting Supervisors and Managers in the implementation of corrective actions;
- Review and maintain all incident reports and ensure that they are uploaded to the Company tracking system;
- Analyze incidents and trends and report accordingly;
- Participate in reviewing and approving Company HSE planning process;
- Prepare and execute audits and inspections while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Work in conjunction with regulators and Company Managers to limit exposure to citations and define requirements associated with this;
- Have a strong knowledge in Company HSE regulatory standards and Federal and Provincial regulations and ensuring application of these in the workplace. It is important that the HSE Advisor provide advice and support to Supervisors and Managers; and
- Assist in developing training programs, attend meetings in relation to HSE, and work in conjunction with the HSE team to assist with site communications and distribution of such.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited college, technical institute or university in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience with ongoing professional development;
- 5 or more years of experience in a HSE capacity, in an industrial environment;
- Knowledge of Newfoundland and Labrador Health and Safety legislation;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.