Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Automation Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 10 years of automation experience.
This position is in Labrador City, NL. This position is FIFO, 3 weeks on site/1 week off and is based on a 6-month contract with the high possibility of extension.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the engineering design and commissioning of industrial electrical power systems.
- Application, design, configuration, and commissioning of Automation systems
- Lead capital projects development including feasibility studies, project scope definitions, capital cost estimates, preliminary and detailed engineering designs.
- Performs PLC and DCS programming
- Determines appropriate design deliverables based on project complexity
- Leads trouble shooting of automation systems and equipment
- Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem-solving techniques
- Holds a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – Automation, Electrical, or Electronics
- P.Eng. designation
- Minimum 10 years of automation experience
- Preferably experience working at an engineering firm, automation solutions provider, or plants engineering teams
- Experience working on industrial automation projects
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Strong PLC programming skills, preferably experienced with Allan Bradley Control Logix and PLC5
- Strong DCS programming skills, preferably experienced with Foxboro
- Strong design knowledge of automation systems, control philosophy and applications.
- Experience developing operator interfaces, HMi
- Strong knowledge of network protocols DeviceNet, HART; working knowledge of Ethernet (TCP/IP),
- Experience in process control engineering and instrumentation
- Experience reading block flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, and P&ID’s and translating into control narratives and other associated control system documents
- Experience in reading wiring diagrams, electrical drawings
- Preferable to have knowledge about variable speed drives and motor control centers
- Knowledge of alarm rationalization, functional safety in design
- Knowledge of PLC and DCS hardware, field instruments and equipment
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.