Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, have 10+ years of relevant experience preferably in civil or structural design, and have strong experience in mining industries and structural steel reinforcement in building structural beams.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. The duration of this position is 6 months with the possibility of extension. Fly-in/fly-out rotation will be offered to non-local candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Have always in mind that the Company’s first priority is safety and make safety a priority with their project team;
- Verify any structural design performed by engineering firms for compliance to installation and utilisation;
- Performing periodic structural inspections and evaluations as part of corrective and preventative maintenance strategies;
- Prepare engineering calculations, detailed designs and sketches for structural steel remedial scope;
- Review, approve and seal technical deliverables; calculations and drawings, prior to adoption for construction;
- Providing clear work objectives and expectations of the quality requirements for all aspects of work performed by Contractors; and
- Maintain an up to date knowledge on applicable engineering codes, corporate codes, policy and procedures, environmental regulations and Safety.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized University;
- Valid registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with PEGNL;
- 10+ years’ relevant experience preferably in civil or structural design;
- Experience in brownfield projects;
- Strong experience in mining industries and structural steel reinforcement in building structural beams;
- Experience with lifting devices (verify design performed by engineering firm) and lifting plan;
- Flexible to provide field support during construction and provide solution on the spot for contractors on-going work;
- Experience on retaining wall construction;
- Sound knowledge and experience with QA/QC requirements for structural works including welding and coating;
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail;
- Strong safety focus and willingness to enforce safety protocols and procedures;
- Strong work management, leadership experience and great communication skills;
- Good leadership capability to occupy Lead SME role and leading by action;
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When applying to this job posting, please only submit a PDF version of your resume. Also, be sure to include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.