HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Electrical Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with experience in Power Engineering, with 10 or more years in engineering and/or maintenance. The ideal applicant would have experience in brown field projects and/or industrial or power distribution plants.
They are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer – Technical Services, to maintain, develop and implement technical standards, tools and systems. Role will be responsible to evaluate technical project options to determine efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Senior Electrical Engineer is a professional role making project contribution through applying technical/professional knowledge to solve complex problems and recommend solutions. Role occasionally contributes to process improvements.
This role is based in Labrador City, NL. Relocation for non-local candidates is required.
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Services, you will be responsible for:
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering solutions, equipment, or processes.
- Improves and upgrades existing assets and applies complex problem solving techniques.
- Contributes to successful project scoping and development by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements.
- Coordinates planning, organization, and implementation of engineering projects within constraints of specific objectives, budget, resources and target dates.
- Coordinates project activities with other operating, engineering units and stakeholders to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion.
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions.
- Reviews project-related documentation for accuracy and relevancy.
- Assists in determining project objectives to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
- Holds a key understanding of the project lifecycle, facility lifecycle and the engineering process.
- Coordinates engineering activities for the defined area of responsibility for the full project life cycle.
- Ensuring compliance with standardized project processes, systems and tools across projects
- Experience in Industrial or Power Distribution Plant
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with specialty in Power Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in engineering and/or maintenance.
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PEGNL) or eligibility for registration.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Expertise in iron ore processing and/or port and/or railway infrastructures.
- Experience in high voltage design.
- Experience with ETAP modeling.
- Experience in operational areas.
- Expertise in MS Suite.
- Expertise in Primavera P6.
- Expertise in SAP.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.