HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Electrical Reliability Engineer on behalf of one of our Clients. The ideal applicant would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and be registered with PEGNL, have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in industrial fixed plant, heavy industrial or manufacturing environment, and be competent in Root Cause Failure Analysis.
This position is located in Corner Brook, NL. Relocation for non-local candidates will be required.
Essential Job Functions:
Our Client is seeking a seasoned Reliability Engineer who will report to the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for the overall execution of reliability programs and initiatives. The successful candidate will be working closely with the maintenance and operations teams at all levels to accomplish the following:
- Identify issues/defects and improvement opportunities by analysing equipment performance, process delays, costs, KPI’s, and maintenance history;
- Work within established predictive and preventive maintenance programs to provide direction of condition monitoring activities, including vibration, oil analysis, thermography, gear inspections, ultrasound lubrication;
- Manage preventative maintenance program (PM routines, corrective work from routines etc.);
- Analyze, consolidate, and distribute inspection results and reports as appropriate for use by maintenance personnel and management;
- Develop positive working relationship with maintenance and operations to diagnose machine conditions, analyze failures, and plan appropriate corrective actions. Consult with outside specialist when necessary;
- Regularly assess quality of completion of work orders and address deficiencies;
- Specify new preventive and predictive maintenance practices to improve uptime and reduce cost;
- Assess and report compliance between the maintenance history in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) – (JDE) and asset delay accounting systems to ensure data accuracy and integrity;
- Monitor Work Management processes to ensure compliance to PM requirements; especially PM routine compliance;
- Support Asset Life Cycle Management and Cost Modelling feeding into long term and business planning;
- Supervise and participate in the skilled diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The successful candidate should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and registration with a professional engineering association, such as Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador, or the ability to transfer associations;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of work experience in an industrial fixed plant, heavy industrial or manufacturing environment;
- Previous work experience in the Pulp and Paper industry would be an asset;
- Aptitude to function as a Change Agent, to foster creativity and idea generation;
- Competent in Root Cause Failure Analysis;
- Good understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance (FMEA) and Asset Management practices;
- Strong management, communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Proficient use of computers (Microsoft Office, CMMS, etc.);
- The successful candidate must be able to work evening and weekends when required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.