Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a degree in Engineering and registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada.
Willing to relocate to Grand Bank, NL considered an asset. This is a full-time permeant position.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a technical expert who provides mechanical engineering design support for the company. The Senior Engineer works with a team of designers, engineers, managers, shop floor personnel, and others to create and develop innovative technology and products and to ensure our current products are improved as opportunities allow. The Senior Engineer will apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise solutions to engineering design challenges. The Senior Engineer provides support for existing projects/programs and research and development projects. The Senior Engineer develops procedures for testing new and current products, processes, and production systems in compliance with the relevant industry standards. The Senior Engineer provides interim reports, and modifies plans as required.
- The Senior Engineer provides counsel on design practices and standards. The Senior Engineer communicates with the management team and/or customers to ensure a quality design is delivered.
- Coordinate and guide R&D projects. Create detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, and sales staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Direct, review and approve designs and changes.
- Develop and test alternative designs and processes.
- Develop policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Develop specifications for system components and specifications for modification of products in conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide procurement specifications.
- Aid in development of a systematic approach to produce technical drawings for production purposes.
- Provide product manuals for new products and update existing manuals.
- Write and review technical reports.
- Set technical goals as agreed with management.
- Identify areas for technological advancement and provide guidance/recommendations.
- Maintain excellent engineering standards.
- Study industry trends and recommend new products or processes for implementation and or use in the production of the products.
- Identify risks and advise Eng/Design Manager and/or PMO.
- Attend meetings and participate in presentations.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Provide technical expertise, mentorship and coaching to the engineering and design team.
Safety and Quality
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Report safety concerns and support their resolution.
- Report non-conformances (defects) and support in their resolution.
- Offer opportunities for improvement (OFIs) and support in their implementation.
- Follow OH&S guidelines as outlined in company policies.
- The Senior Engineer may also be asked to carry out additional tasks appropriate to his/her skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in Engineering and registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes on track.
- Well-developed analytical, organization and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.