HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Mechanical Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, 10 years’ experience in mining/metal production and working in a plant, and must have a Professional Engineer status or be eligible for registration.
This position is located in Labrador City, NL.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assigned to work on capital projects in support of the project delivery team;
• Responsible for the engineering aspect of the projects;
• Manage the PFS, FS and detailed engineering phases of the projects; and
• Oversee the work of external consultants to make sure that the engineering work is done according to codes, standards and requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
• P. Eng. status or eligible for registration;
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in mining/metal production industry;
• Previous experience working in a plant;
• Expertise in industrial cranes, rotating equipment, slurry systems, conveyors/feeders, pressure vessels, tanks and other equipment will be an asset;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
• Ability to wear a full-face/half-face respirator for extended periods of time;
• Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test; and
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (i.e., standing for long periods of time, lifting heavy loads, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work independently with little direction;
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment;
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities; and
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.