HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Primavera Subject Matter Expert on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would be a subject matter expert in P6, have 15+ years of progressive project controls experience, and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Diploma.
This position is located in Lévis, QC. This is a permanent position and relocation is required for non-local candidates.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, which includes a full benefits package after the completion of their probationary period (3 months), this includes:
• A flex Medical/Dental Plan (within the modules they select the module that most matches their family’s needs);
• Life Insurance;
• Short Term Disability;
• Long Term Disability;
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment;
• Employee Family Assistance Program; and
• Pension Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Act as the Project Controls department expert in the use of primavera, ensuring knowledge transfer and development of expertise for all Project Control’s staff with regards to the use of Primavera for project planning, scheduling, and reporting. This role includes to:
• Establish and ensure adherence to scheduling processes and procedures;
• Provide expert level support for the use of Primavera by all its users at the company;
• Provide expert advice on development of Program or Project schedules including Work Breakdown Structures, Key Project Milestones, and project reporting baselines;
• Provide analysis support, as required, in support of setting contingencies, progress and trending reporting, project delay and schedule threat mitigation;
• Determine and advise on schedule issues related to change management and potential claims;
• Identification of Program schedule, Opportunities/vulnerabilities; and
• Undertake quantitative schedule risk analysis and schedule contingency determination.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Fifteen plus (15+) years of progressive project controls experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Diploma;
• Must be an expert user of Primavera P6, including: system configuration and administration, multi-stakeholder integration methods (internal and external) schedule architecture for various contracting models, and resource levelling;
• Well-versed and fully capable of application of skills and methods in scheduling and progress methodologies as contained in AACE and PMI (PMBok) standard practices. Expert-level mastery of project delivery phases, activities performed in each phase, and associated deliverables;
• Experience with various contracting models (e.g., reimbursable, lump sum);
• Experience with various types of Project work such as new construction, modular fabrication, and repair work;
• Strong knowledge of the interrelationship of a good technical project scope definition, quality of the schedule and estimate, construction sequence and execution, procurement and contracting strategies, commissioning and start up;
• Strong experience managing integrated, multi-stakeholder, schedules;
• Capable of managing impact of change and trends, CPI/SPI/MPI;
• Strong knowledge of Risk Management principles and methodologies;
• Strong knowledge of Earned Value Measurement (EVM – ANSI EIA-748B) in engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction;
• Full understanding of cross-functional interfaces with engineering, procurement (materials and sub-contracts), construction, safety, quality, finance/accounting, and operations; and
• Language: Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to work well as an integral part of a large team that includes the customer, engineering disciplines, execution management team, and 3rd party suppliers;
• Superior abilities to teach and transfer knowledge;
• Must be proficient in MS Office;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong work ethic, produces accurate and credible deliverables, meet deadlines;
• Capable of developing and delivering a professional presentation in slide show, report, and verbal format;
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to influence, mentorship skills, and relationship building skills; and
• Superior interpersonal, organizational, analytical, managerial and communication skills.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Job Category||Project Controls|