Find the right job
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Process Engineer on behalf of one of our clients. The ideal candidate would have 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial environment with a concentration of minerals and/or iron ore pelletizing and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Metallurgical, Chemical or Mineral Processing.
The position is located in Labrador City, NL.
Senior Process Engineer – This position will be working a Monday to Friday schedule to manage and deliver short term/medium investment projects to improve the process. This position will also be expected to provide technical guidance to day-to-day operations teams as required to support the business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the health, safety, environmental, and quality (HSEQ) programs by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with corporate programs and policies.
- Working in a highly technical environment.
- Be able to manage an area of the plant and work closely with maintenance and operations team to ensure production is safely optimized.
- Analyze process operations, process data trends, and equipment unit operation to identify process design improvements (physical design improvements, operational strategy improvements, automation improvements), all aimed at increasing iron recovery, production or reducing cost.
- Leading troubleshooting efforts where you will be required to use technical problem solving skills.
- Execute both Opex and Capex development projects working closely with the engineering department.
- Be fully knowledgeable of problem solving/project leading methodologies.
- Optimizing the process to achieve or exceed production plans.
- Ensures that sound engineering principles are applied in own area of activity.
- Solve problems of moderate complexity in area of activity, taking into account the global business context.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Metallurgical, Chemical or Mineral Processing.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial environment with a requirement for experience in concentration of minerals and/or iron ore pelletizing preferred.
- Experience in Autogenous Grinding, Tailings, Ball Milling, Gravity Separation and/or Magnetic Separation, Flotation, Filtration, Thickening, iron ore pelletizing.
- A working understanding of instrumentation and process control systems.
- Process control experience, in iron ore mining, would be considered an asset.
- Ability to wear a full face/half mask respirator (if required).
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test (if necessary).
- Language: French would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to troubleshoot to define and identify problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to take prompt corrective actions.
- Ability to interact effectively with operations personnel at all levels.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and/or within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
When submitting your application to HR Project Partners for this opportunity, please submit a PDF version and include the job number.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
HR Project Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly to this job posting. For questions regarding the position, please feel free to email email@example.com. While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Posted date :
August 31, 2022
Job nature :